• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Titanic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titanic

Anyone been watching this? Think I will reserve judgement until the final episode.

Will defo go see Titanic in 3D though.

Can think of several scenes that will be impressive in 3D realisation.

Is actually really like to own some Titanic memorabilia. A piece of crockery from the White Star Line or something. Nothing too personal.

Not the sort of thing you get in ebay I suppose but there must be auctions for this kind of thing from time to time.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Anyone been watching this? Think I will reserve judgement until the final episode.

Is actually really like to own some Titanic memorabilia. A piece of crockery from the White Star Line or something. Nothing too personal.

Not the sort of thing you get in ebay I suppose but there must be auctions for this kind of thing from time to time.
    I welled up.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

[spoiler] The ship sinks [/spoiler]
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        I welled up.
        I got a sinking feeling.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          I welled up.
          I briefly toyed with the idea of watching the film again on sat 14th april, 100 years to the day after the sinking.

But I decided that would probably be insufferably goulish and sentimental, plus I've seen the film twice already (although not in 3d - hmm).

I'm currently reading an excellent book "A Night to Remember" which I bought in Sainsbury's at the w/end for a couple of quid. It's a reprint of the book originally published in 1957 and on which the 1958 Kenneth More film of the same title was based.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I briefly toyed with the idea of watching the film again on sat 14th april, 100 years to the day after the sinking.

But I decided that would probably be insufferably goulish and sentimental, plus I've seen the film twice already (although not in 3d - hmm).

I'm currently reading an excellent book "A Night to Remember" which I bought in Sainsbury's at the w/end for a couple of quid. It's a reprint of the book originally published in 1957 and on which the 1958 Kenneth More film of the same title was based.
            Imo "A Night To Remember" is far superior to the romanticised Kate Winslett bollocks. In fact "Raise the Titanic" by Clive Cussler is probably more factual!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

.. In fact "Raise the Titanic" by Clive Cussler is probably more factual!
              although as Lew Grade said after lashing out billions to make that film, it would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                although as Lew Grade said after lashing out billions to make that film, it would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic
                I don't think he laid out "billions", now did he?

Comment

Meh I'd rather wait and see Prometheus in 3D
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I don't think he laid out "billions", now did he?
                    It was at least 4 pounds seven shillings and sixpence ha'penny though so not far off
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X