• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weeks 'accident'...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weeks 'accident'...

This weeks 'accident': the quotes are there because to my eyes it was no accident. There I am on the cycle path and watching a taxi running by the side, he looked at the cyclists on the cycle track, who had a green BTW and turned right into them, the right being on a red FFS.

Lots of shouting and screaming ensued. The taxi driver slowly got out of his car and appeared genuinely pleased with himself.

So, he ran a red light, and ran into the cyclists knowing they were there. My only conclusion is it was a deliberate attempt to kill or seriously injure.

If you have an alternate view point I would be pleased to know...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Being slightly lower down the food-chain (a pedestrian) and using a wide generalisation, you cyclists are getting what you ask for.

I was hit by a cyclist ignoring a red light which caused me a little bit of trouble. I broke two bones in my wrist and had to stay off work for nearly two months because I couldn't type. Now the cyclist just pegged it off on the bike which wasn't nice despite knocking me for six.

I now carry a large aluminium case to whop the buggers with if they dare. If I kill one who skips a red light, then the world is a better place.

Personally I think cyclists should have registration plates so we can report them to the police if this happens.

Cyclists are generally irresponsible, dangerous and are total maniacs.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

They should pay road tax too.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Hell yeah!
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Can't have been in Denmark surely?

That is the crux of the argument, threaded old bean. If a car driver gets annoyed with a cyclist and deliberately tries to run them off the road (as some do), surely they should be charged with attempted murder?

1 ton of metal versus 20lbs of bike?

If, instead of using the car, he had got out and knocked the cyclist off with a baseball bat, would it not be seen as a more criminal offence? I think it would.

Comment

Strangled at fecking birth IMHO.

Comment

Shim: Right in the middle of Copenhagen, just approaching the train station. The cyclists had a green light, the taxi was in a special lane and had a red for the right.

TheMonkey: Mostly there are special lanes for cyclists, just below the pedestrians and just above the road for cars. I do agree, cyclists who run red lights drive me wild as well, apart from the time they waste by slowing me down by getting in the way, I don't find watching them getting scraped off the road much fun either.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It's only "fair".
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I suspect he saw you ten yards into your daily "cycle" and decided to skidaddle quick before he had to shoehorn you and your bike into the cab again before dropping you off just round the corner from work for a pitance due to the shortness of the journey.

He obviously panicked. He was only smilling as he realised the ensuing chaos got him out of such duties and he would gladly go to jail.

Only joking. Have another pie and calm down.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

He misssed you

I should think he should take his driving test again and try later
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                    X