• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend payment timing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividend payment timing

If I pay a dividend now and it arrived in my account after April 6th (due to taking a few days to move through the banking system) would it be considered to be part of 2011-2012 tax year or 2012-2013?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

It depends what the voucher says. If it's dated in 2011/12 the dividend will apply to 2011/12, regardless of when it hits your bank.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Ah, the paperwork date is the date of the meeting or can I forward date it to next financial year (and not pay that 40% tax) and start the bank transfer now?

Comment

Why don't you just wait 3 days and do it properly?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          Ah, the paperwork date is the date of the meeting or can I forward date it to next financial year (and not pay that 40% tax) and start the bank transfer now?
          It's not hard.

The date of the meeting where you announce your dividend is the tax year the dividend falls in.

Have a look at directors loan accounts. Just make sure you pay it back on time and don't take out too much.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Why don't you just wait 3 days and do it properly?
            Under considerable pressure from the other half to get the money ASAFP so I thought I would check!

Originally posted by SueEllen
            The date of the meeting where you announce your dividend is the tax year the dividend falls in.
            Thanks

Comment

Under considerable pressure from the other half to get the money ASAFP so I thought I would check!

Comment

I assume when you say your other half you mean your ex wife who wants some payment off you quick. If it is your current partner then tell her to **** off and that you run a business. Without this business she wouldn't have the money to make you get out.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'll be transferring Fing 27k on Friday, just wait until Fing Friday, that is "ASAFP" to do it 100% Fing properly.

Tell her it's coming on Fing Friday. Is she a director/shareholder, if not tell her to mind her OFB.

Saying that my business and personal banking is at the same bank, so it only takes a blink of an eye for it to arrive.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

No - you'd be better to take a short term loan until Friday, and then repay the loan with a properly dated dividend.
                    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X