• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

D-day arriving for UK pensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-day arriving for UK pensions

BBC

Let the carping begin.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I've just been invited to pay some voluntary NI contributions to top up my state pension. I think I'll pass on that opportunity given that I'll almost certainly be dead before I can collect.

Comment

Employees would contribute 4% of their salary, employers 3% and the government 1%.
      And there we have it, an increase in your tax!

Obviously the only answer to this is...a flat tax system!

After all, its only fair!

Mailman

Comment

Will this be in addition to current levels of National Insurance or instead of?

(Yeah, I know the answer...)

Comment

Hang on a mo

Employees would contribute 4% of their salary, employers 3% and the government 1%.
          And where exactly does the government get its 1% from? Ah, that would be the magic money tree in the garden of 11 Downing Street again.

Comment

Keep working and die young.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
            X