• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"It's all f****** lies, it's all f****** lies"!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's all f****** lies, it's all f****** lies"!!!

In a fractious session hosted by radio station LBC 97.3, Mr Johnson denied suggestions he had used a company to channel his media earnings to avoid paying income tax - a claim that he has levelled at his Labour opponent.

Mr Livingstone accused the mayor of having "the same arrangements" for dealing with his media earnings as he had, insisting he had used a company called Finland Station.

But Mr Johnson called the claim "lies", adding: "I have never used a company to minimise my tax.

"There was a TV production company which I was briefly a director of but I certainly never ... I have always paid full income tax."

Later, the row between the pair continued off-air when a furious Mr Johnson swore at his Labour opponent.

Travelling in a lift to the top of the LBCD building to be photographed, the Mayor shouted at Mr Livingstone "it's all f****** lies, it's all f****** lies".

In recent weeks Mr Livingstone has come under attack over claims he used a private company to ensure he only paid corporation tax at 20 per cent on his media earnings.

Mr Johnson was said to be outraged when the Labour candidate attempted to claim during today's public debate that he adopted the same practice.

It is understood the Mayor talked to his opponent privately after a business hustings three weeks ago to tell him what he had been saying about his tax arrangements was not true.

Today, Mr Johnson issued a statement rebutting the allegations over his tax affairs.

He said: "In relation to my business affairs and tax arrangements, specifically do I have any company or other arrangements constructed to enable me to pay less tax and do I, as has been claimed by the Labour mayoral candidate and the opposition leader

"My salary as mayor is taxed as an employee of the GLA. In the same way as when I was an MP my salary was taxed as an employee.

"Any other income that I have received from outside endeavours has been received on a self-employed basis, to me as an individual (no company or other structure has been involved).

"Of course the real point is not about my tax arrangements. It is about the hypocrisy of a man who for years has railed against those who use special arrangements to reduce their tax and who has then been caught - bang to rights - doing the very same thing himself."

Source: Boris Johnson brands Ken Livingstone a liar in furious mayoral race bust-up - Telegraph

Galloway for Mayor.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

loved this comment!
      Livingstone, Johnson and Paddick in the same elevator?

If only it was the cable that snapped instead of Boris.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Galloway for Mayor.
        WHS

Comment

In the league of untrustworthiness, Livingstone is Premier Division.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            In the league of untrustworthiness, Livingstone is Premier Division.
            In that case, Johnston is in the European Championship League.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Galloway for Gitmo?

Sorry repulsive opportunist.

I know Boris & Paddick aren't much but the newt worrier is foul.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                In that case, Johnston is in the European Championship League.
                I'd say rallying against using a method of minimising tax, and using that very same method, whilst simultaneously stating factually that others do the same thing, when they didn't, is possibly World Cup Winning material in any competition of untrustworthiness.

I loathe the man; hypocryte, liar, cheat, thief, anti semitic and just about everything serpentine and unlikeable there could be about one person.

However, now having moved away from London and all the tulip that living there was, I couldn't give a hoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                  I'd say rallying against using a method of minimising tax, and using that very same method, whilst simultaneously stating factually that others do the same thing, when they didn't, is possibly World Cup Winning material in any competition of untrustworthiness.

I loathe the man; hypocryte, liar, cheat, thief, anti semitic and just about everything serpentine and unlikeable there could be about one person.

However, now having moved away from London and all the tulip that living there was, I couldn't give a hoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post

Whilst I have no issues with people using Ltd Co's to minimize tax, what I have a problem with is Bozo being Mayor for London and a Journalist at the same time. He is more interested in building a relationship with the likes of Barclays Bank and Emirites Airlines than he is doing something useful for the people who voted for him.

I can't think of a single issue that stands out for Boris that I can class as positive. The Boris Bikes should be scrapped. The Alcohol ban on the Underground.... doesn't work. Policing has been cut. The roads in London are unsafe. The new buses that have replaced the bendy buses cost over a million pounds each. London Underground have free reign to go on strike when they wish. What's with the Runway on the Estuary...That's one way to kill people off! Sorry, nowt positive to say about Bozo.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X