• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone living / working in Nottingham?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone living / working in Nottingham?

A report which labels Nottingham as the most crime-ridden place in England and Wales has been condemned by officials in the city as "fatally flawed".
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Taken them long enough to notice. People who live their have been saying so for years.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

They're only complaining because it's true.

"How can we possibly be the most dangerous city in the country when, for example, there are 10 times as many murders in London, according to this report, than in Nottingham?"

because there are 27 times as many people in London.

London: population 7,465,100
      Nottingham: population 275,100

mind you, London's pretty unsafe to be around these days. I think I'll just stay in for the rest of my life and worry about burglars.
      Plan A is located just about here.
      If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

there

Comment

It's crap, London is split into small boroughs. These boroughs are still in the top of the charts. Also the Nottingham population does not include the leafy suburbs around and near to the city where crime is low. Unlike many cities the bad areas are concentrated very close to the centre.

If you put it into perspective, more people were murdered in High Wycombe last year than Nottingham yet it isn't even in the chart. This report would imply Nottingham is less safe, when infact the reverse is true. Moreover the gun crime in Nottingham is gang related i.e. drugs dealers hurting drugs dealer. The deaths in High Wycombe are random attacks and muggings.
          I never read of anyone being stabbed for their wallet while in Nottingham.

Having lived in London and Nottingham I can tell you crime is a far bigger and more widespread problem in London. I lost count of the colleagues who had been burgled and many in so called 'good areas'.
          Don't forget many people in London don't even bother to ring the police these days.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I've lived in: Basford and Mapperley in Nottingham for about 6 years.

I've also lived in: Barnet, Leyton, Osterley, Twickenham and Ladywell in London for about 20 years.

I can confirm that Nottingham is BLISS compared to London. It took the police 14 days to respond to a 999 because someone tried to stab me.

I'm moving back up that way (well to Newark) ASAP!
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

There are

" Anyone living / working in Nottingham? "

Just the Armenians I think

Comment

My only doubt about Nottingham's pre-eminence is that the rest of the top ten are all up north, which is what you'd expect.

Comment

Why would you expect that? I live in the North West, the area I live in has one of the lowest crime rates in the UK. Everywhere I have worked in the south east has been higher.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket
                    " Anyone living / working in Nottingham? "

Just the Armenians I think
                    And the indians. Despite being lots of Indians in the Hyson Green area there ISNT A DECENT CURRY HOUSE.

Which is why I moved
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X