• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: I am such a failure :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear: I am such a failure :(

Today I turned 30 years old and it is now can't be denied that I failed to make a million before I am 30

Unless I use fine print to qualify that it was meant to be million in rubles

Originally posted by AtW
    Today I turned 30 years old and it is now can't be denied that I failed to make a million before I am 30

Not even that. A million Turkish Lira or a bucket of Zimbabwean Dollars
    Last edited by Clog II The Avenger; 23 May 2006, 11:15.
    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Don't worry about it...the first thirty years are for learning and preparing for real life...the second thrity years are for living and enjoying life...and the last 3o years are for fishing and preparing for death

P.s. Having also recently been through the '30' thing, I can empathise...its not a great place to be!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

Look on the bright side, at least you aren't el duder.

Comment

Yes. I am a failure too.

Comment

Yes, you're a failure, I'd made my first million whilst still at prep school. tulip, even got my picture in the papers with some rock star about which parts of the RAFs new aeroplane our taxes had paid for.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Yes, you're a failure, I'd made my first million whilst still at prep school. tulip, even got my picture in the papers with some rock star about which parts of the RAFs new aeroplane our taxes had paid for.
              Nurse!!!

Fetch his medication!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                Nurse!!!

Fetch his medication!

No, forget the medication, fetch the electrodes!
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  To clarify...

1) "I'd made my first million whilst still at prep school"
                  [collected a million milk bottle tops for the Blue Peter appeal]

2) "even got my picture in the papers with some rock star"
                  [The "rock star" being Django Duff, "the Paganini of the washboard"]

3) "which parts of the RAFs new aeroplane our taxes had paid for"
                  [your gran's old aluminium pans made a cup-holder for a Spitfire]

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

"A DONCASTER protester has claimed the alley gates are to blame for a 33 per cent increase in crime figures in part of the borough. But Threaded's Brother's campaign has been slammed by his neighbours in Nether Hall, who support the gates and fear his activities may delay their installation in other areas. He obtained statistics from South Yorkshire Police under the Freedom of Information Act, which show total offences in Balby jumped from 2,408 in 2003-4 to 3,239 in 2004-5."

Comment

Working...
                    X