• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inquisitive "Junior Consultant"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inquisitive "Junior Consultant"

Hi

I'm looking for my next contract and finding everything a bit slow at the minute, what's everyone else's feeling?

I got a call from a girl yesterday who asked me how I was finding it, I said "slow", to which she replied "really? we're so busy, we've placed lots of people in the past few weeks". She was very inquisitive about my last role and especially inquisitive about any interviews I'd been for, wanted company names, dates and the name of the person I met with. TBH I smelled a rat and didn't give her peoples names. What do you think guys? Is this what recruiters have resorted to? Getting people to ring up candidates and fish for information so they can try and generate business themselves or am I just being paranoid?

interested to know peoples thoughts...

rejoyce

Have you been contracting for long?

EDIT: OK, on a more helpful note; have you had a look at the I just need to get two references thread over in the Business / Contracts forum?
    Last edited by Gonzo; 4 April 2012, 10:23.

Comment

I am contracting since 2005, contracting in the UK since June 2011, looking for my next contract for about a month...

This woman, was literally saying "I'll phone up these guys now and we'll get an interview for you, I just need to know where you've interviewed before"

Comment

Originally posted by rejoyce View Post
        I am contracting since 2005, contracting in the UK since June 2011, looking for my next contract for about a month...

This woman, was literally saying "I'll phone up these guys now and we'll get an interview for you, I just need to know where you've interviewed before"

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          11?

Comment

6 I reckon
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Inquisitive you say? Well many people are.

Brillo/Churchill this one belongs to you.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                  What's with all the numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by rejoyce View Post
                    Hi

I'm looking for my next contract and finding everything a bit slow at the minute, what's everyone else's feeling?

I got a call from a girl yesterday who asked me how I was finding it, I said "slow", to which she replied "really? we're so busy, we've placed lots of people in the past few weeks". She was very inquisitive about my last role and especially inquisitive about any interviews I'd been for, wanted company names, dates and the name of the person I met with. TBH I smelled a rat and didn't give her peoples names. What do you think guys? Is this what recruiters have resorted to? Getting people to ring up candidates and fish for information so they can try and generate business themselves or am I just being paranoid?

interested to know peoples thoughts...

rejoyce

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X