• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No way to run a project.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way to run a project.

Getting really bizarre now. Last month clientco reviewed and put on hold close to 200 odd projects while they reviewed funding etc. All but 8 are still on hold.

My project is still on hold(it is awaiting one more signature) In the US the PM & workers on it were sent home almost two weeks ago & told to expect instructions. They are still sat at home not getting paid.

No-one is allowed to engage on the project, except me. I have not been given any instructions to stop and I'm still getting paid. By the end of this week I will need to stop as I cannot do anything else as I am not allowed to interact with anyone in any other team.

Even if the project does get a go ahead now it will miss it's deadline anyway.

I've decided to take next week off anyway now.

Anyone else had a 'it's on / it's off' situation because I never have.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Getting really bizarre now. Last month clientco reviewed and put on hold close to 200 odd projects while they reviewed funding etc. All but 8 are still on hold.

My project is still on hold(it is awaiting one more signature) In the US the PM & workers on it were sent home almost two weeks ago & told to expect instructions. They are still sat at home not getting paid.

No-one is allowed to engage on the project, except me. I have not been given any instructions to stop and I'm still getting paid. By the end of this week I will need to stop as I cannot do anything else as I am not allowed to interact with anyone in any other team.

Yes, little you can do but hurry up and wait... Are you not risking MOO?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Is the project large metal spherical and ticking?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Is the project large metal spherical and ticking?
        There was a soft ticking earlier.

It's clicking pretty bloody loud now.

Comment

Sounds to me that it's more than just a budget issue - could it be a merge/takeover that has put everything on hold while they dot the T's and you cross your eyes?

Comment

When I worked as a permie consultant, project got put on hold. I was sent back to home office, waited 3 months for the project to re-start. I could not get moved to another project or even go on holiday. I left, if they were too stupit to realise this project would never be finished, I shouldn't be working for them.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I thought you had a meeting planned for last Monday and a new project to work on.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I thought you had a meeting planned for last Monday and a new project to work on.
                I was not told to stop and change projects. If I had been I had another to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Sounds to me that it's more than just a budget issue - could it be a merge/takeover that has put everything on hold while they dot the T's and you cross your eyes?
                  +1... Good point this...
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I was not told to stop and change projects. If I had been I had another to go to.
                    Do you still have another one to go to or has someone else grabbed it / been assigned to it?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X