• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclists Again

Before I begin, I'd like to say that I'm a keen cyclist myself. In fact. I've just taken delivery of a Sustrans guide to routes in my local area that I intend to explore over Easter.

What annoys me is the growing trend for cyclists to cycle in a pelaton as though they're in the Tour de France.

Twice this week I've been stuck behind people doing this - on one occasion for more than 10 minutes making me late for an appointment as they never exceeded 25 mph.

Is it too much to ask for them to revert to a single file formation when there's a car on their tale?
    Last edited by pacharan; 4 April 2012, 14:20.

Oooo. I learnt a new word.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Oooo. I learnt a new word.
      Car?

I knew that one already!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Car?

I knew that one already!
        Course you did.

Churchill Jnr showed you.

Comment

Last night I saw a cyclist try and get them killed by a motorbike. Cyclists are definetly the worst road users.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Last night I saw a cyclist try and get them killed by a motorbike. Cyclists are definetly the worst road users.
            Some twunt car driver almost knocked me off the bike yesterday.

Approach roundabout. Wait. Car drives down to my right, indicates to turn left. I wait. He starts to turn slowly so I set off into the roundabout, the ******* twat then changes his mind pulls his wheel violently to the right back into the roundabout directly at me.

FFS! Missed me by inches.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
              Before I begin, I'd like to say that I'm a keen cyclist myself. In fact. I've just taken delivery of a Sustrans guide to routes in my local area that I intend to explore over Easter.

What annoys me is the growing trend for cyclists to cycle in a pelaton as though they're in the Tour de France.

Twice this week I've been stuck behind people doing this - on one occasion for more than 10 minutes making me late for an appointment as they never exceeded 25 mph.

Is it too much to ask for them to revert to a single file formation when there's a car on their tale?

Had load of these c***s on Sunday, some using a dedicated cycle path but many other in a pelaton using up the narrow main road.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Had load of these c***s on Sunday, some using a dedicated cycle path but many other in a pelaton using up the narrow main road.
                What an amazing coincidence - That's the second time I've seen that word "pelaton" today!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I cycle every day on my commute, from my house to the station and from Waterloo to The City (and back again).

I see some cyclists doing the most stupid things but I also see some car drivers behaving inconsiderately. Six of one etc...

I've come off badly twice in the last twelve months, once was my fault but the other time I was taken out by another cyclist....
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    What an amazing coincidence - That's the second time I've seen that word "pelaton" today!
                    Perhaps someone will spell it correctly for your third encounter

Peloton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                    X