• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My MSF clock isn't working.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MSF clock isn't working.

I rattled it a bit.

Still didn't work.

I changed the batteries.

Still didn't work.

Changed the batteries again in case the new ones were the wrong colour.

Still no go.

Reset it 37 times.

Nothing.

Put it up on top of the wardrobe.

Nope, no change.

Put it on the chest of drawers.

Nope, still dead.

Then I read this:

MSF Outages : Products & Services : Time : Time & Frequency : Science + Technology : National Physical Laboratory

Neither's my cuckoo clock.

Bit peeved really cos I paid a packet for it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I rattled it a bit.

Still didn't work.
      I read the MS bit as "Microsoft", so wasn't supprised by the rest of your post.

Shocking to find that it wasn't their software this time.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It's working now.
        I've got a radio controlled alarm clock.

It lost the signal for a few days last year, dunno why. Could have been the weather; radio reception at home is pretty iffy at the best of times.

It jumped to GMT for those few days.

I'm a couple of hours ahead of GMT in summer.

Here's what one manufacturer has to say about reception and DST changes:

Our Radio Controlled clocks, watches and weather stations, receive an embedded radio signal from the Atomic Clock in Ft. Collins, Colorado that tells the product to change to or from Daylight Saving Time. Unfortunately, radio signals are subject to atmospheric and others types of interference. The signal is best received at night.

The antenna in your clock, watch or weather station is directional. It is not unusual for it to take 3-5 nights for signal reception depending on location. Watch antennas are much smaller, so please allow extra time for them to change.
        linky
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Sod all that techowizardry... Get one of these babies instead...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X