• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom!!!!!!

BBC NEWS | Business | Market Data | Stock Markets | London Stock Exchange LSE | FTSE 100 UKX

FTSE fallen 2%. This is the start of the next big market crash(fingers crossed) .

4500 here we come.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

This is it. The big one. Down 2% in one day so in 50 days it will be at zero. I love extrapolation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      This is it. The big one. Down 2% in one day so in 50 days it will be at zero. I love extrapolation.
      No, in 50 days it will be down to 37.16% of todays starting value if it loses 2% of the each day's starting value per day.
      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 4 April 2012, 15:26.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        No, in 50 days it will be down to 37.16% of todays starting value if it loses 2% of the each day's starting value per day.
        You used a spreadsheet for that didn't you.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Yes.

Comment

More likely he stuck 0.98^49 into a calculator

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              More likely he stuck 0.98^49 into a calculator
              Have you met him? I have. He's got far to much gold jewellery on his hands to be able to use a calculator.

Comment

Have you met him? I have. He's got far to much gold jewellery on his hands to be able to use a calculator.
                That wasn't jewellery, that was a knuckle-duster. He only put it on when he saw you coming.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                  X