• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you currently working on a contract? or are you "between" contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you currently working on a contract? or are you "between" contracts?

Just doing a forum survey.
    Last edited by Boolean; 23 May 2006, 11:47.

Use the poll.

Between agency contracts. Working on some general crap otherwise.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

happily employed and havent had more than a weeks gap in the last 3 years

Comment

terminology

Its not "Between contracts" its Resting darlings Resting

Comment

I'm resting during a contract.

Comment

My contract came to an end last week and I am taking time out not even looking for other work apart from concentrating on plan b - contractors privilege. Don't even plan to think about working for anyone else for at least 2 months.

Comment

Is there anybody here that is not working, but searching for a contract?

Comment

i have just finished my "Life contemplation" period of around 2 months and now am back in the saddle surrounded by permies, all of whom are moaning about who is/isnt being "kept in the loop" in internal mails from various managers all requesting work.. oh the joys

meanwhile the systems are ****ed and permenantly down (permie dba's), the project is so far beyond deadline its now a dot on the hyperthetical horizon behind us and all contractors are laughing at being asked to work weekend for double pay.. hurrah
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Just extended for six months.

Comment

Coming up for renewal next month. Client is making all the right noises but nothing official yet. Looking around for alternative gigs/bargining chips in the meantime.
                    Last edited by DaveB; 23 May 2006, 12:41.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X