• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London roadworks and economic output

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London roadworks and economic output

Last 6 months London just sems covered in roadworks - plus trains being upgraded (e.g. London Bridge). Seems to be Olympics related - to give Johnny Foreigner a good impression of us.

I reckon this is the only thing holding up the economy at the moment - once the olympics are out of the way this spending is going to disappear and rather than getting a post-olympic boost we are going to get a post-olympic slump.

And the only reason that Q1 GDP will be flat rather than slightly negative was telling everyone to fill up with petrol immediately, ostensiably to beat the strike but really to get spending back from April 1st to March 31st.

London is a tuliphole hth

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      London is a tuliphole hth
      yeah. But soon its going to be a tuliphole with very smooth roads.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        yeah. But soon its going to be a tuliphole with very smooth roads.
        Strange that you've noticed this too. But I was in London last weekend, and said to the wife that the parks in East London looked brand new, the roads were like glass and the M25 was about as good as I have ever seen it. The parks in East London were remarkable, I must admit, with some fantastic activities for the kids. I was very shocked, as the last time I was in Hackney, the parks were covered in dog tulip, the parks were tulip and I didn't want to return.

Now I just don't want to return, as london is tulip...

Comment

Working...
        X