• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign employer working in UK as consultant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign employer working in UK as consultant

UK National here.

I'm waiting for my work visa from a non UK company but they are asking me to work as a consultant in the UK while I wait. Its going to be around 3-4 months of waiting.

I was wondering how should I organise things so Im not screwed for tax. I'm still currently working as a perm employee for my old employee (ie I havent handed my notice yet)?

Any advice is appreciated. Ie Umbrella, tax etc..
    I will *hopefully* leaving the country at the end of the year to join my new employer as a FT employee.

J

Hmm confusing. If you are going FT won't your new employer deal with all your tax issues? i.e. taxed at source? I didn't think you had much say in how it worked and was their responsibility to get the tax right?

Maybe the fact you call your new person your employer is what is throwing me.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X