• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opps... Could be doomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opps... Could be doomed!

Just sent a file to customer that included internal costs... Totally my fault, no excuse (other than 2 kids in the house with Chicken Pox). Arse.

Proper miffed off now.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Just sent a file to customer that included internal costs... Totally my fault, no excuse (other than 2 kids in the house with Chicken Pox). Arse.

Proper miffed off now.
    Is your relationship with the recipient good enough to explain the situation with a phone call and ask for their co-operation?

Comment

Tell your client first. Better coming from you than the customer.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do you have an email disclaimer asking the incorrect recipient to delete email immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Tell your client first. Better coming from you than the customer.
          It was to the whole project board, not one person. Internal and external. tried to recall, but as its external dont think it works?

Hand held very high, taking it fully on the chin. It's gone quiet which is always worrying. Luckily the figures were much higher as under review and change. Going to try and swing this that they are incorrect anyway (and those figures are not what the customer will be charged...). V annoyed at a stupid mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Do you have an email disclaimer asking the incorrect recipient to delete email immediately?
            And would that stop you??

Comment

It was to the whole project board, not one person. Internal and external. tried to recall, but as its external dont think it works?

Hand held very high, taking it fully on the chin. It's gone quiet which is always worrying. Luckily the figures were much higher as under review and change. Going to try and swing this that they are incorrect anyway (and those figures are not what the customer will be charged...). V annoyed at a stupid mistake.
              Recall is a waste of time, all it does is actually highlight the fact you made a mistake because not only do they get the mail, they also get the recall notice which makes them go have a sniff at what has happened even if they weren't going to read it in the first place.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Proper miffed off now.
                So now he knows how much you buy your pot noodles for?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  So now he knows how much you buy your pot noodles for?
                  Little bit worse mate... It's the clients costs for delivering the customers service. To be fair, if i was the customer, I would questioning why they are so low, or keep my mouth shut!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Recall is a waste of time, all it does is actually highlight the fact you made a mistake because not only do they get the mail, they also get the recall notice which makes them go have a sniff at what has happened even if they weren't going to read it in the first place.
                    in Outlook, if a recall is successful, the recepient never read it.

It only fails if the recepient gets to it first.

Comment

Working...
                    X