• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the feck are so many contractors bed wetters in real life.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the feck are so many contractors bed wetters in real life.

The last week for me has mostly been spent tidying up a fellow TA's deliverables because he didn't want to write documents all day

The silly twat took a job that was: 300 miles away from where he lived, required that he be onsite most of the week and that he would not be actually doing any engineering work any more because that stuff is given to cheap labour as opposed to £500 a day client facing Architects.

So after a month of delivering basically nothing, he goes off the deep end stating that he doesn't want to travel, doesn't like writing documents all day and wants more hands on work

I wish the twat was a one off but it seems more and more of the contractors I meet: Not only deserve the IR35 tax avoidance bashing we are getting at the mo, but actually should not be let out on their own in the mornings...

I took the idiot to one side and pointed out that he had just been raised out of the 300 a day engineer bracket into the 500 a day easy to print money bracket and that this was a situation that I had faced 10 years ago and the results were not too bad for hanging up the boots to manage. Even offered to help him to learn to write docs properly and get him established into the finer points of being a Archermeetekty thingybob but no he wants for go and feck about playing with windows boxes....

For fsck's sake what ever happened to taking the money and doing a job...

And you were planning to show him how to write documentation? Based on the nonsensical drivel above?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      The last week for me has mostly been spent tidying up a fellow TA's deliverables because he didn't want to write documents all day

The silly twat took a job that was: 300 miles away from where he lived, required that he be onsite most of the week and that he would not be actually doing any engineering work any more because that stuff is given to cheap labour as opposed to £500 a day client facing Architects.

So after a month of delivering basically nothing, he goes off the deep end stating that he doesn't want to travel, doesn't like writing documents all day and wants more hands on work

I wish the twat was a one off but it seems more and more of the contractors I meet: Not only deserve the IR35 tax avoidance bashing we are getting at the mo, but actually should not be let out on their own in the mornings...

I took the idiot to one side and pointed out that he had just been raised out of the 300 a day engineer bracket into the 500 a day easy to print money bracket and that this was a situation that I had faced 10 years ago and the results were not too bad for hanging up the boots to manage. Even offered to help him to learn to write docs properly and get him established into the finer points of being a Archermeetekty thingybob but no he wants for go and feck about playing with windows boxes....

For fsck's sake what ever happened to taking the money and doing a job...

It's always been like this. The difference today is that most of the clients are exactly the same.

It's a meeting of - idiotic - minds.

Just keep invoicing and planning your pension. He's SEP (Someone Else's Problem) now.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        And you were planning to show him how to write documentation? Based on the nonsensical drivel above?
        Ever heard the phrase do as I say not as I do?

I have a hangover and bleary eyes. It made sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Ever heard the phrase do as I say not as I do?

I have a hangover and bleary eyes. It made sense to me
          Ignore MF, he's just jealous 'coz he's on the bench - again.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Ignore MF, he's just jealous 'coz he's on the bench - again.
            Enjoy your paid off day Spod.

Comment

Enjoy your paid off day Spod.
              Will do mate. However I've done some work this morning. All helps on the march towards IPO

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Will do mate. However I've done some work this morning. All helps on the march towards IPO
                That's the way to go. I jumped way to early after the IPO last time after I went permie and it's been a costly mistake. I think only a greenfield company will get my juices flowing again. Had an email land in my inbox overnight from someone I worked for on the last IPO with an offer of a discussion. Maybe something interesting.

Good luck.

Comment

That's the way to go. I jumped way to early after the IPO last time after I went permie and it's been a costly mistake. I think only a greenfield company will get my juices flowing again. Had an email land in my inbox overnight from someone I worked for on the last IPO with an offer of a discussion. Maybe something interesting.

Good luck.
                  You too. Genuinely.

Comment

Working...
                  X