• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The PIGGS spring has begun?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PIGGS spring has begun?

Violent protests erupt in Athens over debt suicide - Telegraph

Remind anyone of Tunisia in December 2010?

Things are presumably going to get ugly here too.

Comment

Yes and if only Greece exited euro, all would have been so peachy.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Yes and if only Greece exited euro, all would have been so peachy.

Greece WILL exit the Euro eventually. And the later it is the worse it will be.

However this Greek guy made a mistake. He should have gone to Germany and started shooting then topped himself afterwards. At the end of the day the Germans have caused this by their desire to control all of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          At the end of the day the Germans have caused this by their desire to control all of Europe.
          So, it's ze German's at fault for Greece importing far more than exporting?

Exports:
          $26.64 billion (2011 est.)
          Imports:
          $65.79 billion (2011 est.)

Now imagine Greece exits euro and have their own currency, what will happen then?

Well, they will still be making $26.64 billion in exports, problem is that they won't be able to afford to buy all the imports because their currency will certainly tank, this would cause far far bigger damage because they won't be able to afford fuel and lots of other essentials traded in dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Greece WILL exit the Euro eventually.
            According to well informed rumours (Max Keiser) Germany will eventually exit the Euro itself.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
              According to well informed rumours (Max Keiser) Germany will eventually exit the Euro itself.
              I here that from my German friends, they want out of the Euro ASAP.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                So, it's ze German's at fault for Greece importing far more than exporting?

Exports:
                $26.64 billion (2011 est.)
                Imports:
                $65.79 billion (2011 est.)

Now imagine Greece exits euro and have their own currency, what will happen then?

Well, they will still be making $26.64 billion in exports, problem is that they won't be able to afford to buy all the imports because their currency will certainly tank, this would cause far far bigger damage because they won't be able to afford fuel and lots of other essentials traded in dollars.
                They will be able to buy all the imports they need as their currency will be more attractive so they will attract more tourists. However, the Greeks have had a great 10 years - they voted to join the Euro knowing this and they could eventually get Germant to pick up the pieces, so its all Greece's fault.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I here that from my German friends, they want out of the Euro ASAP.
                Then Germany will have to have a competitive currency. They need the Greeks and the other PIIGS. Its all Germany's fault. Plus they have form - someone was telling me the other day about something I had never heard of before called WW2. Apparently Germany wanted to run not just Europe but the entire world. How would have believed it? Still at least WW1 was not caused by Germany trying to dominate Europe.....

Comment

I was torn a new one on here not 6 months ago for suggesting this was a possibility.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I was torn a new one on here not 6 months ago for suggesting this was a possibility.
                    You should have used your sasguru account instead.

It is impossible for a weak ccy to leave - only for a strong ccy.
                    Better still, euro will split into 2 blocks - Northern led by Germany and Southern led by France.

Comment

Working...
                    X