• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

heres a strange one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres a strange one

I need to become ltd to pay my partner for the work she already does at the moment she does my books and I don’t pay her the reason I want to pay here for the work she already does (my books account and orders) is we want a mortgage but I cannot go on it due to past history, we earn more than enough money as she works 37 hours a week and I earn 30 plus per a year my question is this if she becomes an employee of the ltd company and I pay her £167 pw on top of what she already earns will I end up out of pocket after paying her tax and ni? thank for any info

What does she already earn?

And shouldn't you have posted this in Accounting/Legal - in General there is a good chance someone will ask for a photo of her norks to help with the calculations.

In fact - have you got a photo of her norks to help with the calculations?

Comment

Originally posted by nivlac View Post
      I need to become ltd to pay my partner for the work she already does at the moment she does my books and I don’t pay her the reason I want to pay here for the work she already does (my books account and orders) is we want a mortgage but I cannot go on it due to past history, we earn more than enough money as she works 37 hours a week and I earn 30 plus per a year my question is this if she becomes an employee of the ltd company and I pay her £167 pw on top of what she already earns will I end up out of pocket after paying her tax and ni? thank for any info
      I think I understand what you are asking but it would help if you re-write your question using proper grammar so that all of us can understand you.

Are you a foreigner or it just the poor standard of English that the schools churn out these days?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I need to become ltd to pay my partner for the work she already does. At the moment she does my books and I don’t pay her. The reason I want to pay her for the work she already does (my books account and orders) is we want a mortgage but I cannot go on it due to past history. We earn more than enough money as she works 37 hours a week and I earn 30 plus a year.

My question is this if she becomes an employee of the ltd company, and I pay her £167 pw on top of what she already earns, will I end up out of pocket after paying her tax and ni? Thank for any info.
        Nope, even with punctuation it doesn't make any sense. But suffice to say if you pay an employee you are liable for employers tax and NI, if the salary paid is above the threshold.

She will, of course be liable for tax & NI on all of her income and this may put her into a higher tax band.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I think I understand what you are asking but it would help if you re-write your question using proper grammar so that all of us can understand you.

Are you a foreigner or it just the poor standard of English that the schools churn out these days?
          no i have dyslexia !!!!

Comment

no i have dyslexia !!!!
            Dyslexia Rules KO!!

I'll get me coat...

Comment

no i have dyslexia !!!!
              So have I and it was not recognised when I went to school, they just punished us for poor spelling and grammar.

You have no excuse, type what you want to say in MS-Word and check the grammar and spelling. Keep sentences short Always read twice what you have written and make sure it makes sense. Don’t play the bedwetting dyslexia card. I have worked with chronically disable IT people who are in constant pain and can hardly see. They never moaned once.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

no i have dyslexia !!!!
                I sell full stops for £20 each and commas for £10. Semi colons though are £50.

PM me if you'd like me to check your posts in future and I'll setup a direct debit to make it easier.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And shouldn't you have posted this in Accounting/Legal - in General there is a good chance someone will ask for a photo of her norks to help with the calculations.

In fact - have you got a photo of her norks to help with the calculations?

Why bother paying her? You are just creating more hassle for yourself.

You have two realistic options:

1: Instead of paying her a wage, since she already works, just give her shares and pay her dividends. So you dont need to bother with all the rubbish of constant employee payments. Just make a lump sum payment twice a year or so.

2: Wait until you are benched, then she will she that the money isnt rolling in anymore and decide to split up with you, taking nearly all your money and insisting you pay for a steak dinner for her and her new chap every day for the rest of her life because she became accustomed to eating steak with you.

Most blokes just concede the inevitable and go for option 2.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

Why bother paying her? You are just creating more hassle for yourself.

You have two realistic options:

1: Instead of paying her a wage, since she already works, just give her shares and pay her dividends. So you dont need to bother with all the rubbish of constant employee payments. Just make a lump sum payment twice a year or so.

2: Wait until you are benched, then she will she that the money isnt rolling in anymore and decide to split up with you, taking nearly all your money and insisting you pay for a steak dinner for her and her new chap every day for the rest of her life because she became accustomed to eating steak with you.

Most blokes just concede the inevitable and go for option 2.
                    The idea is to pay her a wage so when applying for a mortgage it will show she is earning enough wages to get the mortgage she needs thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X