• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is The Masters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is The Masters

Anyone watching the closing holes?

Rory's blown it and Woods was way out of it.

Tight field UP front though. Smart moneys's on Mickelson.

Please don't let it be another anonymous Scandinavian. Yawn.

Edit: for the record, I want Mickelson to win
    Last edited by pacharan; 8 April 2012, 22:23.

<Finger hovers on the neg rep button>
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      <Finger hovers on the neg rep button>
      Oh dear
      Last edited by pacharan; 9 April 2012, 07:48.

Comment

Well, it was a jolly good show. We'll have to take that weekend hacker seriously now!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Well, it was a jolly good show. We'll have to take that weekend hacker seriously now!
          Shame about Mickelson. If he hadn't triple bogied and went into the bamboo, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            Shame about Mickelson. If he hadn't triple bogied and went into the bamboo, who knows?
            If I'd shot 11 under I'd have won.

Bubba was brilliant over the back nine and Louis lost playing well with dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
              You know the old saying: "Yes and no".

I'm a bit of an egalitarian when it comes to golf. I have one or two favourites but they rarely get in contention for majors, so I like to see it spread around a bit. Therefore, come the last day, Phil Mickelson was probably the last person among the leaders who I wanted to see win.

Incidentally, all the hype about the Masters being Rory versus Tiger never happened did it, which was very funny.

Comment

"Just a crazy shot I saw in my head" is Bubba's explanation for how he pulled it off on Sunday afternoon to win the Masters.

As soon as his ball plonked down in the woods that flank the Augusta fairways following his second tee shot of the play-off I thought it was game over for Bubba.

The unsuppressed savagery with which he attacked that ball to not just recover but put himself in a match winning position reminded me of Lee Trevino at the 1974 Open. That bunker shot by Trevino is still in my mind the greatest golf shot ever played but Bubba's on Sunday was not far behind.

Pretty good for a man who's never received any coaching!

Comment

Like Seve he taught himself by trying things out, hour after hour, day after day, as a kid.

My personal favourite shot was Seve from the car park.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Like Seve he taught himself by trying things out, hour after hour, day after day, as a kid.

My personal favourite shot was Seve from the car park.
                    Remember Langer up the tree?

Comment

Working...
                    X