• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Green Deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Green Deal

Home improvements will trigger 10% levy

Green tax on conservatories: Home improvements will trigger 10% levy | Mail Online

How did this one slip in under the radar? Or is it just the DM take on things?

Most people doing those improvements do those things anyway, or at least should to save money on energy.

Comment

I guess the majority of people will do what they already do. Draw cash out the bank and find an amenable builder who likes to avoid formalities such as VAT or local Regs.

More botched work will ensue and stunned local councilors will be dragged out to say they have no idea why this happened.

Comment

This is why the UK sucks and the future is Asia - too much nanny state interfering.

Can't we be trusted with anything?

PS Could someone send me a PM reminding me to post as I might forget?

Comment

Working...
        X