• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budge up on the bench............

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budge up on the bench............

room for a 'not so little' one

still atleast the sun is shining

Look upon it as an opportunity to catch up on all those areas of your life you've neglected whilst shaving away at the 9 to 5.

Given that itsgr spring, why not embark on a garden project of some description? Some decking perhaps, a barbecue area or something you can enjoy when the weather gets nice.

Outdoor physical work is spiritually uplifting as your contact with nature earths out any negativity.

You might shift a few pounds too

Comment

Don't plan too much for today though. It's going to rain later. And most of this week too.

So consider an indoor project, such as that new flooring downstairs that you've been thinking about, or those new light fittings, or that review of all your insurances and investments.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        Look upon it as an opportunity to catch up on all those areas of your life you've neglected whilst shaving away at the 9 to 5.

Given that itsgr spring, why not embark on a garden project of some description? Some decking perhaps, a barbecue area or something you can enjoy when the weather gets nice.

Outdoor physical work is spiritually uplifting as your contact with nature earths out any negativity.

You might shift a few pounds too
        I welled up when I read your touching post.

Apart from the bit about shaving. That made I larf

Comment

Downsouth Jnr on his way in a few days so the 'catching up' is 100% diverted to sleep and rushing round now missus Downsouth dont feel like moving until his arrival.

so no real rush to get back on the 9-5 train for a few weeks, have a few irons in the fire and hopefully 1 will come off come early may.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            I only shave twice a week, can't say I make a whole lot of use of the time saved
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Don't plan too much for today though. It's going to rain later. And most of this week too.

So consider an indoor project, such as that new flooring downstairs that you've been thinking about, or those new light fittings, or that review of all your insurances and investments.
              Or, catch up with some serious pot-noodling

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I welled up when I read your touching post.

Apart from the bit about shaving. That made I larf
                Oops - my scroon screeping app plying up again. I thought I'd ironed out those glitches.

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
                Downsouth Jnr on his way in a few days so the 'catching up' is 100% diverted to sleep and rushing round now missus Downsouth dont feel like moving until his arrival.

so no real rush to get back on the 9-5 train for a few weeks, have a few irons in the fire and hopefully 1 will come off come early may.
                A recent dad myself dpI know where you're coming from. All the best with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  I only shave twice a week, can't say I make a whole lot of use of the time saved

Oh, to be 14 again!

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                    Oh, to be 14 again!

Tone
                    No need to be clean shaven for work any more, a couple of days growth till the stubble/beard length has been reached then shave it all off again
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X