• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Light pollution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light pollution

source: BBC News - Light pollution 'saturates' UK's night skies

P.S. FA

This man can help, by getting you here.

I saw the ISS last night - there are web sites that tell you when it will be visible at your location and for how long. Last night it was only visible for a minute and looked much as a far off plane, i.e. bright in the sky and moving fairly rapidly. Covering perhaps 30 degrees of arc in that minute before fizzling out as it went in to Earth's shadow.

Comment

Lets turn all the street lights off and encourage accidents and burglaries.

Personally if I wanted less light pollution I would move to the country.

Comment

North Korea has very little light pollution and a low carbon footprint. Sets a worthy example.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Half of the UK's population cannot see many stars because the night skies are still "saturated" with light pollution, campaigners have warned.
          Yes that's right, you'll see feck all from a neon megatropolis. News??
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            North Korea has very little light pollution and a low carbon footprint. Sets a worthy example.
            What are their gun laws like? ATW will need to know before he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              That should make the nuclear weapons rests easier to spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                What are their gun laws like? ATW will need to know before he goes.
                Pretty liberal I hear, at least for the Dear Leader and his friends

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Pretty liberal I hear, at least for the Dear Leader and his friends
                  Somehow I think the dear leader has as many friends as I have. Many in his own mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X