• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The shame, the shame....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shame, the shame....

Someone I know, there kids flunked their university degree course last year dropping out after two years
    After a brief spell temping for ASOS, they've now secured a job as a wait for it....

IT consultant for a agency , so they're now a glorified salesman with no sales experience
    Worst of all they've already started their sales pitch on me, and trying to get me to explain what all these weird stuff like C# (or C squiggle as he first called it), and what's an agile is it a programming language

Don't you hate it when people you know become the enemy grrrr, and worse I know an agent

The horror, the horror
    Doing the needful since 1827

A job is a job in this day and age. I would rather they did that than went on the dole IMO.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Better to start early I suppose, no point in waiting to finish their drama / music / arts / ology degree to discover there are no jobs in that field and then become a graduate in IT sales or whatever they call themselves.
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        A job is a job in this day and age. I would rather they did that than went on the dole IMO.
        Then get off your fat arse and go and earn some money. There's a contract going at the Bridgwater Travelodge if you can tear yourself away from that bloody computer.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Then get off your fat arse and go and earn some money. There's a contract going at the Bridgwater Travelodge if you can tear yourself away from that bloody computer.
          Shut up woman and make me a coffee!!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            Someone I know, there kids flunked their university degree
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Shut up woman and make me a coffee!!!
              Slag.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Slag.
                go and make him a coffee woman.

dont forget to wee in it

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  go and make him a coffee woman.

dont forget to wee in it

Got work to do.

Comment

So you need to have started a degree to become a pimp now? Standards have risen alot.

Comment

Working...
                    X