• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello, not so new newbie coming out into the open.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, not so new newbie coming out into the open.

Hi all,

Been around here lurking for quite some time now and used to post in the old days at the start of CUK.
    In a really boring gig at the moment so thought it was time to register again so that I can partake in some good arguments to pass the time.

Anyway, been in this game for quite some time, don't have any problems with accountants, don't need any advice about which brolly, don't want to put my notice in, contract seems okay, agent hasn't screwed me for any dosh, not going permie any time soon and not sure I care too much about the state of the market until the last month of a contract.

Sorry, I don't seem to have any nasty problems that need sorting at the moment, well, none I'd air here anyhow. Perhaps I should re-engage lurk mode.

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Hi all,

Been around here lurking for quite some time now and used to post in the old days at the start of CUK.
    In a really boring gig at the moment so thought it was time to register again so that I can partake in some good arguments to pass the time.
    Who were you?

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
      Hi all,

Anyway, been in this game for quite some time, don't have any problems with accountants, don't need any advice about which brolly, don't want to put my notice in, contract seems okay, agent hasn't screwed me for any dosh, not going permie any time soon and not sure I care too much about the state of the market until the last month of a contract.

Sorry, I don't seem to have any nasty problems that need sorting at the moment, well, none I'd air here anyhow. Perhaps I should re-engage lurk mode.
      Where do you stand on the cracked pavement issue ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Well done on coming out, Im sure you'll feel happier now everyone knows the truth. (If they didnt already suspect like)

Comment

Originally posted by ZuiderZee View Post
          Who were you?
          A long time ago in a place far far away I was Exile. Must have been around 2001 or so, I remember MF and a few others from those days.

But what happened to PF?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            Well done on coming out, Im sure you'll feel happier now everyone knows the truth. (If they didnt already suspect like)
            I said "into the open", not "not out of the closet!"

(Don't tell the missus)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Where do you stand on the cracked pavement issue ?

I think that anyone who can't recognise a proper crack and goes and gets squirted because they approached it wrongly isn't cut out to be a contractor.

Comment

Welcome (back). Have you been to Bridgwater?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Welcome (back). Have you been to Bridgwater?
                  Hmm, don't think so, is it a nice place?

Comment

It's very popular round these parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X