• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got the gig, need a Co.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the gig, need a Co.

Ok, scored a contract, need a company, Giant being recommended. Previously had a LTD Co and found it quite a lot of a pain because I am lazy and getting it closed down was a pain also went on for months etc. Wasn't exactly cheap either.
    So, can anyone talk me out of an umbrella (6 months contract, not averse to going perm) ?

If you're happy with an umbrella then it's the right choice for you. Do a search on Giant etc. They all seem to get slagged off at various points and for various things. Might be best to use a pin.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
      Ok, scored a contract, need a company, Giant being recommended. Previously had a LTD Co and found it quite a lot of a pain because I am lazy and getting it closed down was a pain also went on for months etc. Wasn't exactly cheap either.
      So, can anyone talk me out of an umbrella (6 months contract, not averse to going perm) ?
      Why would anyone try to talk you out of it? It's your money, your choice, and your risk they will go bust taking it all with them.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg

You could try ContractorUmbrella.com, I know a couple of guys who use them and have no trouble. All contractor money is put in a trust fund so if the company goes under you still get paid, they also have a credit control facility and will pester those who do not pay. Totally legal no offshore or anything dodgy.

Comment

I've heard this one is a good one.

Comment

Generally anything with "Prosperity" or "Safe" in the name is a good bet.
            I'm Spartacus.

Comment

I heard Durex was safe.

Comment

Are you a yoof or summat?

"got the gig", "scored a contract"

P1ss off and get a shave ffs

Comment

Cheers Shim, very constructive, now on your bike....

Comment

Originally posted by Bovvered
                    I heard Durex was safe.
                    That's what I was told
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X