• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The IMF wants to kill pensioners!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The IMF wants to kill pensioners!

IMF warns of £750bn pensions time bomb - Telegraph

The IMF said yesterday that even a slightly faster than expected increase in life expectancy could impose a huge new financial burden on Western economies such as Britain. “The time to act is now,” it said.

yeah lets make sure life expectancy remains consustent. And while we are at it no more hip ops for the oldies.

Surely any life expectancy increase is something to be celebrated?

IMO Maggie left this country with a great pension position. I seem to remember for 6 years there was a 2% government aid for those putting money into pensions over 6 years? Then that twunt Major came along and with his sidekick Lamont removed ACT thus kicking pensions. Blair, Brown and Cameron have followed Major.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    IMF warns of £750bn pensions time bomb - Telegraph

The IMF said yesterday that even a slightly faster than expected increase in life expectancy could impose a huge new financial burden on Western economies such as Britain. “The time to act is now,” it said.

yeah lets make sure life expectancy remains consustent. And while we are at it no more hip ops for the oldies.

Surely any life expectancy increase is something to be celebrated?

IMO Maggie left this country with a great pension position. I seem to remember for 6 years there was a 2% government aid for those putting money into pensions over 6 years? Then that twunt Major came along and with his sidekick Lamont removed ACT thus kicking pensions. Blair, Brown and Cameron have followed Major.
    There are some who've far outlived their usefulness...

And the time to act was at least 30 years ago.

Comment

Soylent Green anyone?
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        There are some who've far outlived their usefulness...
        There are a few cuk posters who have outlived their usefulness. Does that mean they should be put down?

Comment

It's unbelievable !, oh hang on that was EMF
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            There are a few cuk posters who have outlived their usefulness. Does that mean they should be put down?
            As long as it doesn't include me, then yes.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              Don't worry, you won't feel a th...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Don't worry, you won't feel a th...
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  This is the point. Whem my grandmother was 94 she had totally outlived her usefulness to society. But she still meant alot to me. I miss her alot. Despite her being a cantankerous old bag, she had good advice.

Comment

This is why I have never understood governments obsession with stopping people smoking, speeding, over eating etc. We are not short of people, in fact we have too many.

Comment

Working...
                    X