• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bobs with Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobs with Security Clearance

Mate of mine works for a well known aerospace company and he was telling me that they have Indian Contractors with SC.

These guys are recent arrivals too plus the fact they are operating in their own right and not farmed out via some consultancy.

How many rules have been bent here I wonder?

I personally don't have SC and as a result rarely get considered for anything in the defence sector. I also know a couple of people who have failed SC for the most pernicketty reasons - one of them for being bound over to keep the piece for a year after some rugger hi jinx when he was 17.

So HTF do they clear someone who has spent their entire life on the other side of the world about whom we know nothing?

i'll say it before one of the frogs in boiling water posters do you must be some crazy right wing bnp supporting dailymail reader to raise a question like that

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
      i'll say it before one of the frogs in boiling water posters do you must be some crazy right wing bnp supporting dailymail reader to raise a question like that
      What does that make me, being an British born Indian? I have issues with Indians coming into this country and taking jobs that can easily be done by British Nationals, even at SC & DV Clearance levels.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Perhaps it was bob a job week ?
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

Surely it is right to ask the question about the right for any non British person to work in defence?

In fact I am amazed that anyone who is not a british passport holder can get SC.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            Mate of mine works for a well known aerospace company and he was telling me that they have Indian Contractors with SC.

These guys are recent arrivals too plus the fact they are operating in their own right and not farmed out via some consultancy.

I personally don't have SC and as a result rarely get considered for anything in the defence sector. I also know a couple of people who have failed SC for the most pernicketty reasons - one of them for being bound over to keep the piece for a year after some rugger hi jinx when he was 17.

So HTF do they clear someone who has spent their entire life on the other side of the world about whom we know nothing?
            Bollocks.

Officially you don't know why clearance is refused.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Surely it is right to ask the question about the right for any non British person to work in defence?

In fact I am amazed that anyone who is not a british passport holder can get SC.
              Strange as it may seem, some people have dual nationality. If memory serves me correctly, the SC clearance process asks the question about dual nationality and whether you hold one or intend on applying for one.

A foreign national is allowed to hold SC clearence, but are not allowed to access information that is classed / deemed as UK Eyes Only. So if the foreign national is seeing information that is UKEO, then action needs to be taken, but it is unlikely that someone on the inside will grass.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

The requirements for Bobs getting SC in the UK is lower. They need to produce documents certifying that they are good citizens and have a clean police record in India. Considering that a third of new police applicants in India have forged driving licences; I would not trust a Bob
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I know people in more than one aerospace company - are you talking IT contractors or Engineering contractors here?
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Bollocks.

Officially you don't know why clearance is refused.
                    Indeed. A story based on hearsay isn't the best platform for a discussion really is it.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X