• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want one!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want one!

The QLOCKTWO W wristwatch from Biegert & Funk features a grid of 110 letters which light up ‘ in unexpected places’ when you press a stainless steel button on the side of the case.

No doubt a nifty coder could make it spell out rude words.

Price TBA. Available from Autumn 2012.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Looks like a nice gadget to have, to show to your mates in the pub, or if you can read but not actually tell the time on an analog watch.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

That is really cute, I can imagine the missus nagging me for one

Considering no one needs a watch these days, you might as well have one that makes a statement
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

quite fancy one of these

My Arduino WordClock
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I remember when watches with displays first came out in the 70s. One maker wanted to have a chat up line upon pushing a button - but there was no spaces for anything delicate. So they put "LETS F**K" without the *s. I always wondered if anyone ever bought one and if they were successful or not.

Comment

Ooooh I likey
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I remember when watches with displays first came out in the 70s. One maker wanted to have a chat up line upon pushing a button - but there was no spaces for anything delicate. So they put "LETS F**K" without the *s. I always wondered if anyone ever bought one and if they were successful or not.
              Jackanory doesn't have thing you do they....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You're slightly behind the times on the watch front.

While this was all the rage yesterday morning today the discussions are focussed on this which will doubtlessly have that QLOCT design as an optional face.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  You're slightly behind the times on the watch front.

While this was all the rage yesterday morning today the discussions are focussed on this which will doubtlessly have that QLOCT design as an optional face.
                  It isn't about being behind the times. The links are to conceptual clever gadgety watches with bloody awful design. The one above is incredibly stylish but single functional. There is a huge difference in market. I would expect people buying the OP's watch wouldn't generally buy the pebble.

One day you will get the style and cost over gadget and then you know you have become a proper contractor
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It looks like one of the many faddy gadgets you see on DealExtreme, I couldn't tell if it's worth $300 or $3.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X