• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you became prime minister what would your first job be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you became prime minister what would your first job be?

Personally I would put a cap on the cost of football. Football fans feel the pinch as costs soar - Telegraph . The only way to control the mob is by giving them a distraction. This is assuming I am not allowed to bring back Gladiators.

I'd leave the cost of football alone. Let economics sort that little pile of sh!t out.

Comment

Open up the secret UFO files
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Where to start...

Troops out of all current conflicts. Armed forces radically cut. Cut Corp tax to Irish levels. Force all public pursed Union officials from Public Sector offices. Serve eviction notices on all council house tenants, public housing tenants earning over a set amount, varied per area of country. Stop all MP's having any other paid employment.

Too many things, way too many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Open up the secret UFO files
          But then they wouldn't be secret!

Comment

Day 1 Scrap IR35
            Day 2 Leave the EU
            Day 3 Pull troops out of Afghanistan
            Day 4 Introduce flat rate tax system
            Day 5 Legalise all drugs
            Day 6 Catalogue all non jobs in the state sector then put them all at risk
            Day 7 Have a day off!
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Nuke Bridgwater.

Comment

1) Reduce taxation.
                2) Reduce corp tax.
                3) Strip out all the health and safety and other tulip red tape.
                4) Put a stop to the "more breeeding more benefits" culture introduced by Labour.
                5) Take back all the properties sold via right to buy.
                6) Provide incentives for export oriented companies.
                7) Reduce air passenger duty, FFS the cost of taxes on a flight is more than cost of the flight itself.
                8) blah blah blah...can go on but I doubt one term is enough to sort out the mess, you need a couple of decades.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Day 1 Scrap IR35
                  Day 2 Leave the EU
                  Day 3 Pull troops out of Afghanistan
                  Day 4 Introduce flat rate tax system
                  Day 5 Legalise all drugs
                  Day 6 Catalogue all non jobs in the state sector then put them all at risk
                  Day 7 Have a day off!
                  amcdonald for PM!
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    amcdonald for PM!
                    He may want to swap Days 5 and 6 round.

Comment

Working...
                    X