• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ie7 beta

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ie7 beta

not bad at all...

You are Bill Gates and I claim my £5

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
      not bad at all...
      .. they got them tabs that Firefox have had for ages

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by scotspine
        not bad at all...
        The whole vista thing is not bad at all.

Comment

Originally Posted by scotspine
          not bad at all...
          I just installed it 20 minutes ago on your recommendation.
          I know for a fact that I wont like it.
          I hate new things !

Comment

SP1 expected any moment.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Vista is sucking less every time they release a new version.

Hopefully they will finally come up with a consistent UI for the next version that you can finally tell which window is active. Ironically you can make it look exactly like Windows 2000 with some frigging (which is my target for accepting a new OS).

IE7 however is FOUL. They've only half fixed it, they've got ANOTHER custom UI for it (rather than staying with a consistent, predictable windows UI) and it's bloody flakey. Not only that, due to the half fixing, there is another crock of tulip to fix to make things IE6, IE7 and Firefox compatible.

I don't like Firefox either - it's impossible using it sometimes as the F6 key is unpredictable and you lose focus on the browser frame perpetually.

Bring back the good old days of IE6 and Windows 2000. A decent combination!
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Anyone else having problems accessing Jobserve with IE7 ?
                All other sites look ok but Jobserve only displays half a page then stops.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan

Yes. Same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
                    Uncheck the 'hide jobs you wouldn't get out of bed for' option in the preferences dialog box.
                    Last edited by bogeyman; 24 May 2006, 12:39. Reason: logic

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X