• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the Grand National be scrapped?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the Grand National be scrapped?

The big race has received the usual adverse publicity this year.

Poll to follow…
    Yes
    17.65%
    No
    52.94%
    I'm riding Andyw's mum
    29.41%
    one day at a time

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    Poll to follow…
    Would that be the finishing post?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Would that be the finishing post?

If so he'll Brook no argument in it.

BTW I cracked a similar one to that in the office yesterday. Absolutely hilarious, had me in stitches, but the bloke opposite just looked at me blankly. He's got no sense of humour.

Comment

No it shouldn't as i have Syncronised in this years sweepstakes so hoping I win!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The vast majority of racehorses are looked after extremely well and are bred to run. It is very sad when a horse comes to grief on the racecourse, especially for the owners of the horse.

When racehorses die in action, their death is usually quick. Compared to the treatment of animals in other areas of society, I think racehorses get a good deal.

You will also note when a horse falls in a race, most will carry on running and jumping as that’s what is natural for them.

I’m fed up of all the ‘do-gooders’ complaining all the time in the media about the race – the same people probably aren’t even vegetarian and probably eat halal meat for example or factory produced eggs.
          one day at a time

Comment

Bloke opposite me cracked some lame joke about Beachers Brook yesterday, he obviously thought it was hilarious as he kept larffing loudly. The people I was on a conference call with at the time wanted to know if I'd dialled in from the local loony bin.
            Last edited by alluvial; 13 April 2012, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              No it shouldn't as i have Syncronised in this years sweepstakes so hoping I win!
              Many Cheltenham runners flop at Aintree and Syncronised is burdened with top weight but no doubt the class horse in the race so good luck. I’m on Chicago Grey.
              one day at a time

Comment

Many Cheltenham runners flop at Aintree and Syncronised is burdened with top weight but no doubt the class horse in the race so good luck. I’m on Chicago Grey.
                No one has won them both since 1936, I am not holding my breath but hoping to get placed.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The big race has received the usual adverse publicity this year.
                  So there are no major stories for the media to report on then.

Comment

didnt a top footballer conk out in a match recently ?
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X