• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some observations on Brits travelling abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some observations on Brits travelling abroad

1: Don't hold the queue up at the restaurant whilst arguing with the cashier that your third child should be able to get a $4.99 hot dog meal off the children's menu like her younger siblings rather than pay the adult $11.99 charge ...it make you look a total twat (plummy home counties accent doesn't help in this situation either btw)

2: Don't be a twat at the baggage reclaim in the airport and stand right next to the carousel stopping anyone else getting their bags off while you wait for yours to appear, best to stand away and only approach once the bags are present.

3: If you have put your best coat into the overhead locker on the plane don't sit in your seat demanding to know if me putting my carry on has at all damaged it and not expect me to treat your comment with the vocal derision it deserves

4:Wearing your football team shirt whilst abroad marks you out as a total twat and should be a justifiable homicide
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    2: Don't be a twat at the baggage reclaim in the airport and stand right next to the carousel stopping anyone else getting their bags off while you wait for yours to appear, best to stand away and only approach once the bags are present.
    I was listening to absolute FM the other night -item about wrongly pushed buttons. Couple go to luxury break to small airport. They stand back at carousel and their luggage appears first out. Guy goes to get the luggage, "accidently" trips and hits carousel stop button. Only their bags are there - everyone else looks daggers at them. They they jump into the helicopter they ordered to take them to their hotel.

Comment

You can always spot new travelers to seasoned pros in the airport by the shoes they wear.

Someone going on their yearly holiday to the sun will buy brand new crisp white trainers, anyone who travels with some regularly will be in an old comfortable pair of shoes that have been broken in.

I spent many an hour while waiting in an airport playing this game
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I spent many an hour while waiting in an airport playing this game
        Personally I spent the time rating the ladies from 1-10 in terms of shaggibility.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Personally I spent the time rating the ladies from 1-10 in terms of shaggibility.
          Personally I spent the time rating the ladies from 1-10 in terms of shaggability.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Personally I spent the time rating the ladies from 1-10 in terms of shaggability.

After a time I decided that I would happily give any lady one while on holiday, you know boys on tour and all that
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              After a time I decided that I would happily give any lady one while on holiday, you know boys on tour and all that
              Was that you looking at my wife?

Get yourself to Bridgwater now!

Comment

...2: Don't be a twat at the baggage reclaim in the airport and stand right next to the carousel stopping anyone else getting their bags off while you wait for yours to appear, best to stand away and only approach once the bags are present...
                When your bag appears, push right through, grab it, swing it round and see how many numpties you can take out with one swipe.

I was at Brussels airport once, on a business trip, when I was permie. I and my colleague checked in, then went for a drink, then we heard the announcement "Will Mr NAT and Mr Other please proceed immediately to gate...".

We got to the gate, where a bunch of annoyed fellow passengers were waiting on the bus. The icing on the cake was that as last ones on the bus, we were first ones off and hence to board... and were seated in row 1 of business class, supping our champagne as everyone traipsed by.

We could feel the love.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

1: Don't hold the queue up at the restaurant whilst arguing with the cashier that your third child should be able to get a $4.99 hot dog meal off the children's menu like her younger siblings rather than pay the adult $11.99 charge ...it make you look a total twat (plummy home counties accent doesn't help in this situation either btw)

3: If you have put your best coat into the overhead locker on the plane don't sit in your seat demanding to know if me putting my carry on has at all damaged it and not expect me to treat your comment with the vocal derision it deserves

4:Wearing your football team shirt whilst abroad marks you out as a total twat and should be a justifiable homicide
                  Some feedback...

1. Don't go to places that have a $4.99 hotdog meal
                  2. A proper contractor would have been sat at the front of the plane and therefore first to the baggage area
                  3. See 2. The nice lady usually puts my jacket on a hanger and put's it somewhere hanging neatly.
                  4. See 1. Don't go to places that are frequented by people in football shirts.

Comment

Unless it's America where complaining about service is fine.

If you're on a straight section the distance you are away doesn't increase the number of people who can stand in the line. So you might as well be at the front, someone has to be.
                    Then help people by grabbing their cases for them, especially women or the elderly - it can be hard work for big cases.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X