• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Camp Bestival

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Bestival

Camp Bestival 2012 Great site

I'm a festival vet but not been to any since we had kids, I don't want to take very young children to Glastonbury so I was thinking this would be ideal.

We're planning on going in 2013 when our youngest is 2 as I can't face camping with a one year old, anyone here been?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

I've not been, but a few friends have and all say that although it's expensive, they've all had a really good time and families are very well catered for.
    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
      I've not been, but a few friends have and all say that although it's expensive, they've all had a really good time and families are very well catered for.
      It is bloody expensive if you pay for accommodation but my kids only have one childhood so WTF I'm a contractor.

My daughter would probably explode with excitement if she saw Mr Tumble, the Gruffalo live and then got to sleep in one of these:

http://www.cloudhouses.net/showphotos.asp?id=43&pid=10

Or for DP and his like: http://www.hooesyurts.co.uk/
      Last edited by gingerjedi; 13 April 2012, 15:19.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        It is bloody expensive if you pay for accommodation but my kids only have one childhood so WTF I'm a contractor.

My daughter would probably explode with excitement if she saw Mr Tumble, the Gruffalo live and then got to sleep in one of these:

Cloudhouses - Yurts and Squrts Gallery

Or for DP and his like: Hooe's Yurts - yurt hire for your festival party or wedding
        They look fantastic!

Comment

We've been to lattiude for the last 2 years - very family friendly, Pogle Jr loved all the kids stuff the first year, but last year was more interested in the bands.
          Cant go this year as it clashes with her very last day at primary school and she wants to be there.
          We stayed in pod pads podpads - festival accommodation they were brill, expensive but great fun.

I may have a look at Bestival - as I'm still keen on going to a festival somewhere this year.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Thinking of Green Man this year. Not been before.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Thinking of Green Man this year. Not been before.
              We're looking into this one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                We're looking into this one as well.
                Let me know if you go. Could finally meet a CUKer. Will pack my sockies.

Comment

Nothing will beat the sun going down behind my back whilst dancing to the Charlatans on a boozy Sunday evening at Glasto but I'm hoping the family festivals will bring new joys, I can still have a few right? Wont be doing any MJ at the Mr Tumble gig though.

Comment

Posted this a few months ago. Same few. Looks
                    brilliantly kid friendly. Fancied a yurt/kurt etc but still have not booked a ticket yet.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X