• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody women!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody women!

So today, we're off to the Lakes to spend a week with all the wife's family, all 17 of them. oh the joy! Luckily, I'm working and billing most of it.

The cottage is about a 2hr drive from here, but as wife is driving (I'm still unable to after surgery) and she's never done long distance or motorway, therefore we're taking every back road we can to get there, it will take about 3hrs. She wants to be there for 3pm. So we agreed this week that we need to leave 12pm.

I've been to physio this morning, and was back for 0930. She's messed around and pottered about. I offered to take the cat to the cattery, then pack the car, but she said no she'll do it. And while she's out, she'll pop into town to pick up her prescription sunglasses. 30mins later, she back in the house, sobbing her heart out. apparently dropping the cat off was too "emotional" or summat.

So 11am, we still need to pack the car, pick up her glasses and set off. I tell her to go to sort her glasses, her response? "no, I'm going to make my mums cake, its her bday on Monday". WTF? This hasnt been mentioned at all. I point out that we need to leave in an hour to fit with her timing plans etc. I asked how long it will take to make the cake, still nto had an answer. Alas, no, its my fault. She's storming around and slamming stuff about, muttering and swearing and getting upset. Doesnt look like we will be leaving on time...

I dont know what her problem is, I've told her I'll help in 20mins when I've finished watching the F1 I Sky+'d this morning... You just cant win can you.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

I feel you pain.

Just a moment ago I was lectured on why I am at fault for her computer running slow ( which I have never touched, she just expects living with me to make her computer run fast ). I ask if she has updates on her computer "I think so" "how do you know?" "I don't know".

Comment

It gets worse, she was purchasing music from iTunes and accidently downloaded the entire works of sandy denny by mistake at a cost of 190 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        It gets worse, she was purchasing music from iTunes and accidently downloaded the entire works of sandy denny by mistake at a cost of 190 quid.
        Who knows where the cash goes?

Comment

Are you sure you are cut out for this married lark?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I think Mrs scooby might be stressed about having to drive if she's not used to it. Just let her get on with it in her own time.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              I think Mrs scooby might be stressed about having to drive if she's not used to it. Just let her get on with it in her own time.
              A proper contractor would have used his right of substitution and replaced himself
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Wow you ruined your life there. I like people like you though, they validate my decision to remain single.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Who knows where the cash goes?

I see what you did there!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Are you sure you are cut out for this married lark?
                    Being married is cheaper than divorced. Apparently....

Comment

Working...
                    X