• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti-Rep Whoring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Rep Whoring

From now in I am only neg repping people. Not randomly but selectively. See you at the chutney spoon.

Who wants some?

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    From now in I am only neg repping people. Not randomly but selectively. See you at the chutney spoon.

Who wants some?
    Go for it! I hate the whole rep thing.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I have given out 10 reps today. I dislike people having -ve rep and if I dont get enough people to rep I will go round those with -ve rep and make them +ve.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I have given out 10 reps today. I dislike people having -ve rep and if I dont get enough people to rep I will go round those with -ve rep and make them +ve.
        I'm just going to adopt the approach of I'll return exactly the rep I receive. This only applies to rep received from now.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

+rep should TRANSFER rep from the amount the person who gives it, so that they get less of their own.

-rep on the other hand ...

Comment

Who wants some?
            Wasn't looking for some, but you gave it anyway. So I only felt it fair to respond with return. Ah, back to the old days.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I'm just going to adopt the approach of I'll return exactly the rep I receive.
              That's all I've ever done.

Mind you, I do occasionally break down and hand out a huge amount of positive rep just to make the world a nicer place.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                Wasn't looking for some, but you gave it anyway. So I only felt it fair to respond with return. Ah, back to the old days.
                Chasing after pos rep is just playing into admin's control mechanism. Free yourselves.

Comment

Chasing after pos rep is just playing into admin's control mechanism. Free yourselves.
                  I thought the banning was the main control mechanism, well that and selective lobotomy

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I thought the banning was the main control mechanism, well that and selective lobotomy
                    Like self-censorship rep is so much more insidious.

Comment

Working...
                    X