• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marc Bolan's shrine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc Bolan's shrine

There was I innocuously looking at the history of Minis at Wiki and in the Exotic Minis and Celebreties section I came across a reference to Marc Bolan's shrine.

In Barnes, the tree was close to being condemned as unsafe, but it was saved by this lot.

I can't say it's on my list of places to visit, but there you go.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    There was I innocuously looking at the history of Minis at Wiki and in the Exotic Minis and Celebreties section I came across a reference to Marc Bolan's shrine.

In Barnes, the tree was close to being condemned as unsafe, but it was saved by this lot.

That tree was the biggest hit he ever had
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      That tree was the biggest hit he ever had
      I thought it was his windscreen & dashboard........
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I stumbled upon this on a walk a few years ago. I thought it was quite cool, but the immediate neighbours must be a bit bored of the attention by now.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          I stumbled upon this on a walk a few years ago. I thought it was quite cool, but the immediate neighbours must be a bit bored of the attention by now.
          I think the closest thing I've seen to it was Jim Morrison's grave in Paris. It was a bust of his head. the most remarkable thing about that being his hairstyle. It was hidden well away from the posher plots, but some obliging souls had daubed arrows pointing to it along the way, in a rather vandalistic way.

The plot itself was littered with empty booze bottles too.

Oscar Wilde's grave was much more impressive but cordoned off and under police guard. Apparently the gay community thought weeing on his grave gave them a lucky love life.

Comment

Wear your hair long, baby, can't go wrong.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
              Wear your hair long, baby, can't go wrong.
              Heh. I used to wear my hair quite long. but I got over it.

Comment

I stumbled across it twenty years ago - a friend lived around the corner from there and we happened to walk past it one day.

I stopped in my tracks when I realised what it was, she just shrugged and thought that I was stupid for not knowing about it before.

I see that they've made it a bit more 'official looking' now. It was just a load of ribbons and flowers thrown in the hedge back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  I stumbled across it twenty years ago - a friend lived around the corner from there and we happened to walk past it one day.

I stopped in my tracks when I realised what it was, she just shrugged and thought that I was stupid for not knowing about it before.

I see that they've made it a bit more 'official looking' now. It was just a load of ribbons and flowers thrown in the hedge back then.
                  What was Marc Bolan's last song?

Wrap a purple mini round the old oak tree

Comment

I couldn't imagine Marc Bolan at 65.

Comment

Working...
                    X