• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC executives fall foul of IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC executives fall foul of IR35

What do the panel think? From reading the article it seems as though the original contractual arrangement was perfectly legitimate - a case of moving goal posts perhaps Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - Britain/Ireland
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

It's getting a bit ludicrous now.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

BBC News - More than 70% of high earners paid 50% tax rate
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It's still not fair though Cojak - collective responsibility to clear the national debt means that 100% should be paying their fair share otherwise there won't be enough cash to support those who make no contribution whatsoever to the states' coffers - it's only fair after all

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I can see all this leading to one man limited co's being made illegal (well, not illegal but severely restricted by artificial means!).
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            I can see all this leading to one man limited co's being made illegal (well, not illegal but severely restricted by artificial means!).
            What like via IR35?

Comment

I made a similar comment the other week... awaiting NLUK accusing you of scaremongering now!!
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Well, it used to be that that was effectively the case. In 1983 when MyCo was incorporated ISTR there had to be 3 shareholders, also there had to be two officers. However these were easy objectives to meet.

In quite a lot of mainland europe there isn't really the concept of the "1 man company" and where there is they are often subject to quite a variety of different, and often more stringent, rules.

We'll see, but i think it is quite likely there will be more tightening up (i.e. introducing all sorts of other artificial barriers). The groundwork is being laid with this constant stream of "this isn't morally right" type stories being pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  It's still not fair though Cojak - collective responsibility to clear the national debt means that 100% should be paying their fair share otherwise there won't be enough cash to support those who make no contribution whatsoever to the states' coffers - it's only fair after all
                  Not sure if this is the right forum for this discussion - but what about the "stars" with their own "production companies"?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Not sure if this is the right forum for this discussion - but what about the "stars" with their own "production companies"?
                    Don't know the scenario Brillo - any linkys?

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X