• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the eurozone crisis over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the eurozone crisis over?

It's been relatively quiet for a few weeks. Is the crisis over? Everyone solvent again?

I thought it had just got noisy again with Spain?

I still stand by my view that at the moment the volcano is smoking - we will see real action in the 2nd half of 2012.

Comment

Not over by a long shot IMHO.

As BP says Spain has some issue recently and their bond prices are up above 6%.

Greece will be back on the cards at some point as I don't think the ECB payout is the long term solution.

Portugal still has issue, but always a case of whoever is in the most trouble is the headline. Was Italy, then Greece and now Spain. Portugal to come?
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Forget Spain. France is the elephant in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I thought it had just got noisy again with Spain?

I still stand by my view that at the moment the volcano is smoking - we will see real action in the 2nd half of 2012.
          WBPS

Not only is it smoking, but there's a nasty looking bulge on it...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Not over by a long shot IMHO.

As BP says Spain has some issue recently and their bond prices are up above 6%.

Greece will be back on the cards at some point as I don't think the ECB payout is the long term solution.

Portugal still has issue, but always a case of whoever is in the most trouble is the headline. Was Italy, then Greece and now Spain. Portugal to come?
            I agree about Portugal. Of course no-one from cuk would be stupid enough to buy a holiday home there.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
              Forget Spain. France is the elephant in the room.
              Which is why I would like to see Germany and the Northern countries leave to create Euro2 - leaving France and the PIIGS in the Euro.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                WBPS

Not only is it smoking, but there's a nasty looking bulge on it...
                My bulge is not nasty looking. Just cos Mrs BP says it does not mean it is true.

Comment

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Which is why I would like to see Germany and the Northern countries leave to create Euro2 - leaving France and the PIIGS in the tulip.
                    FTFY
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X