• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 70s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 70s

Anyone else going to be watching this tonight - BBC Two - The 70s, Get It On 70-72

I imagine some of you were around for it <cough> the first time round.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

I am not keen on nostalgia. Its not what it used to be.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, yes I'll be watching....

To see how it was in my granddad's day

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        Anyone else going to be watching this tonight - BBC Two - The 70s, Get It On 70-72

I imagine some of you were around for it <cough> the first time round.
        I'm waiting for 1979 and Maggie's Glorious Victory over the architects of The Winter of Discontent!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          I'm waiting for 1979 and Maggie's Glorious Victory over the architects of The Winter of Discontent!
          It's on the BBC .... don't hold your breath for that angle

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Tonight's episode is 1970 to 72 so they'll probably cover her snatching free school milk away from the over 7s to fund tax cuts.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

What's not to like about the 1970s? Flairs, stacked shoes, David Bowie, tank tops, long hair, Edward Heath and Harold Wilson, Elton John, Kevin Keegan, Roger Moore as Bond, Generation Game, Muhammed Ali, threat of nuclear war, strikes, inflation, Idi Amin, John Lennon, Morecambe and Wise, acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  What's not to like about the 1970s? Flairs, stacked shoes, David Bowie, tank tops, long hair, Edward Heath and Harold Wilson, Elton John, Kevin Keegan, Roger Moore as Bond, Generation Game, Muhammed Ali, threat of nuclear war, strikes, inflation, Idi Amin, John Lennon, Morecambe and Wise, acid.
                  Rubbish piling up in the streets, dead bodies piling up, power cuts, rampant inflation, going cap-in-hand to the IMF.

Oh yeah, it was ******* ace!

Still, it paved the way for Maggie's Glorious Victory

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    + MaryPoppins was born
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X