• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting a visa for China

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a visa for China

Anyone have any experience of getting a visa to visit China. I'd like to try and get out there next week for a trade show. Anyone know how long it takes or has anyone used one of the fast track websites?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone have any experience of getting a visa to visit China. I'd like to try and get out there next week for a trade show. Anyone know how long it takes or has anyone used one of the fast track websites?
    Shag the wife of a member of the Chinese Politburo, sorted!

Don't expect to come back other than in a box though.

Comment

Anyone know how long it takes or has anyone used one of the fast track websites?
      For fast track ask for Military attaché attached to Chinese Embassy. Make sure you have at hand detailed stats of sledge sales over the last few years or something else of interest to the Greater Chinese Empire.

HTH

Yuk Sun

Comment

You do realise that those sledges were made in China?

Comment

It's fairly easy - get an L visa BEFORE you enter.

You need to give them a picture too - it takes 4 days to 14 days normally, and costs us $30 USD or (lol) Americans $130 - or you can express it for an additional $30 or an additional $150 dollars if you are american.

something like that anyway - Bing / Google "Tourist L Visa" China Embassy

(Bing'ed it for you - http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm)

Comment

Used a fast track company for a trip there in 2008, done and dusted in 4 days.

Will try and dig out the info.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Used a fast track company for a trip there in 2008, done and dusted in 4 days.

Will try and dig out the info.
              Yes please. If I can get a flight then I'll need fast track now. I'd rep you, but it's worthless now.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We got ours issued in Hong Kong where you can enter with just a UK passport. I seem to remember the guest house we were staying in arranged it in a couple of days.

This could be an option if you can't sort something in the UK. Plus you get a trip to HK included in the bargain !

Comment

Working...
                X