• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Art?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art?

Joe Caslin’s massive 40 ft mural of a hooded youth (top) is part of a project called Our Nation’s Sons which began at the weekend in Edinburgh with more popping in the coming days.

Sez Joe, a student at Edinburgh College of Art:

“These drawings of young men will be used as a tool to re-establish young men as legitimate participants within today’s society by giving them a voice and a tangible presence within our city. Community cohesion and participation is fundamental to the project.”

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Is his name Sez, or Joe?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Is his name Sez, or Joe?
      "Sez" Dublin speak for Joe said.

HTH
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        “These drawings of young men will be used as a tool to re-establish young men as legitimate participants within today’s society by giving them a voice and a tangible presence within our city. Community cohesion and participation is fundamental to the project.”
        That's written by someone who is well versed in obtaining a grant for just about anything.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Muppet being quoted by AP
          These drawings of young men will be used as a tool to re-establish young men as legitimate participants within today’s society by giving them a voice and a tangible presence within our city. Community cohesion and participation is fundamental to the project.
          Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          That's written by someone who is well versed in obtaining a grant for just about anything.
          I thought it was just b0llocks but I fear you are correct.

Comment

He should be doing something useful like writing code for IBs.

Comment

Joe Caslin’s massive 40 ft mural of a hooded youth (top) is part of a project called Our Nation’s Sons which began at the weekend in Edinburgh with more popping in the coming days.

Sez Joe, a student at Edinburgh College of Art:

He's a hoodie and should be ostracised by society!
              They have a tangible presence, they are always going around in gangs, scaring pensioners, blocking shop doorways and corrupting the English language with their “Gangsta Slang”.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                He's a hoodie and should be ostracised by society!
                They have a tangible presence, they are always going around in gangs, scaring pensioners, blocking shop doorways and corrupting the English language with their “Gangsta Slang”.
                Exactly!

Why not remove the hood and join society?

Personally I think there is little to seperate art and p0rn.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Exactly!

Why not remove the hood and join society?

Personally I think there is little to seperate art and p0rn.
                  You think there is little to separate a dog toilet and p0rn.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    You think there is little to separate a dog toilet and p0rn.
                    It doesn't float my boat. But it seems to work for some of your clients.

Comment

Working...
                    X