• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This CUK clique thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This CUK clique thing

I'm intrigued.

Who's in this clique? What qualifies as a clique?

Does liking someone's posting style make you cliquey? Meeting them in real life and getting on with them - does that automatically mean you're labelled as a clique?

Genuine question to those who perceive a clique, who do they think is in it?

CUK clique - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Anyway I think there is a clique and k2p2 is the leader! This thread is a distraction.

Comment

It's a funny word - cleek - sounds like a name for rude bits.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        It's a funny word - cleek - sounds like a name for rude bits.
        I knew a French 'lady' with piercings who said she cleeked when she walked.

Comment

Everyone seems to have their differing opinions on who is involved to what degree but a lot of others, feel that MF most certainly was a ringleader and then others like ATW, Churchy, NLUK, etc etc, were all debatable in involvement (I never really had a major problem with Churchy but others like Old Greg seem closed to any kind of reasoning. Others however, may have more of an issue with some of those mentioned however).

Some of these members join forces in their obnoxious levels aimed at other members which transgresses banter and from what I have seen/heard, become quite demoralising bullying. They abuse the rep system, flooding some members with numerous neg reps a day that is identical. That is why when one of the clique gets banned for a day or week, there is a party and cake is served.

Personally, I think it is sad that one or two people spend their whole days posting and when they arent posting, repping. There are one or two people who spend their whole lives here and that is so pathetic it moves me to tears, of laughter that is.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            CUK clique - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Anyway I think there is a clique and k2p2 is the leader! This thread is a distraction.
            Funnily enough, there is only one CUK member in that group that commonly gets referenced by some when discussing 'the clique' and it probably isnt the one most people would think.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              Everyone seems to have their differing opinions on who is involved to what degree but a lot of others, feel that MF most certainly was a ringleader and then others like ATW, Churchy, NLUK, etc etc, were all debatable in involvement (I never really had a major problem with Churchy but others like Old Greg seem closed to any kind of reasoning. Others however, may have more of an issue with some of those mentioned however).

Some of these members join forces in their obnoxious levels aimed at other members which transgresses banter and from what I have seen/heard, become quite demoralising bullying. They abuse the rep system, flooding some members with numerous neg reps a day that is identical. That is why when one of the clique gets banned for a day or week, there is a party and cake is served.

Personally, I think it is sad that one or two people spend their whole days posting and when they arent posting, repping. There are one or two people who spend their whole lives here and that is so pathetic it moves me to tears, of laughter that is.
              +1,000,000

If we had a £50 Star Letter Prize, it would already be in the post to you. Seriously.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

But this is what I don't get - MF and Old Greg give each other continual grief - how can they be a clique? I'd say they appear to hate each other, but I don't think either of them take it seriously - I hope not.

If a poster attracts neg rep from > 1 person, it could indeed indicate 'ganging up', or it could just be that the poster is deliberately (or accidentally) posting stuff that annoys most people, i.e. being a bit of a knob.

Comment

MF most certainly was a ringleader
                  People follow MF!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    ...it could just be that the poster is deliberately (or accidentally) posting stuff that annoys most people, i.e. being a bit of a knob.
                    Isn't that clique called "General"?
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X