• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Question O'Clock....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Question O'Clock....

Ok, here goes...

When does my Tax year start? I've just received payment for my Mar 2012 invoice - so work done in March, paid to me in Apr 2012. I assume it goes on 2012-2013 books as money received in this financial year?

thanks

Originally posted by Rivendell View Post
    Ok, here goes...

When does my Tax year start? I've just received payment for my Mar 2012 invoice - so work done in March, paid to me in Apr 2012. I assume it goes on 2012-2013 books as money received in this financial year?

thanks
    The tax year starts each 6th April and ends the following 5th April.

Your company year depends upon what year end your company has. If it is March then the year is 1st April to the following 31st March.

The company year end is set at the end of the month when the company was formed, so a company formed in April 2012 will have a year end of 30th April 2013 and so on.

The work is included in the accounts if the work was done in the period of the accounts, whether it has been paid or not.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I know a lot of people will complain but if this is a serious question then the OP seriously needs to get an accountant. This one isn't even funny.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can contact me via PM and I will talk to your accountant if you have one, or alternatively suggest a very good accountant.

All this for just £150.

HTH Dave.

(I work in partnership with NortherLadUK )

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I know a lot of people will complain but if this is a serious question then the OP seriously needs to get an accountant. This one isn't even funny.
          Very scary...
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X