• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What time do you go to bed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time do you go to bed?

Seriously, what time to you go to bed in order to get up for work - fresh - the following day?

I used to pride myself in never hitting the sack before 1-2 a.m. - and yet still always be in work the next day for 8:00 a.m.

These days, I still do the 8:00 a.m. start, but find I'm getting sleepy by 10:30 p.m., and in bed by 11:00 p.m.

If it carries on like this, I might end up sleeping at my desk, like my outsourced Indian friend who the Bank has (un)kindly placed at the desk next to mine.

Just curious.
    nomadd liked this post

When working away I try and get to bed by 11, although its normally closer to 12 and then spend an hour or so watch a fre TV series episodes (on Fringe at the moment)

When working closer to home I go to bed between 10 and 11, sleep straight away but suffer insomnia 1 or 2 nights a week and end up working/watching TV/playing video games till 3am or later.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Now.

Night all.

Comment

10:30 for me and up at 6:15. And often at 2, 3 and 4 as well.

When the baby starts sleeping through the night, then I'll be putting together my Dial-a-Wolf Plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          ...playing video games till 3am or later.
          Banned myself from playing during the week because of this!
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

I go at bed time?!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
              Banned myself from playing during the week because of this!
              hehe

I don't normally get the time to play any. But if it's 1am and I've spent the past hour or more trying to sleep then I figure I've earnt it!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

5am on Mondays usually.

HTH

NickFitz

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I go at bed time?!
                  Let me guess - your mother still decides what time you go to bed.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    Let me guess - your mother still decides what time you go to bed.
                    yup, right after she's bathed him
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X