• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our IT companies may relocate to other European countries, India warns UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our IT companies may relocate to other European countries, India warns UK

Our IT companies may relocate to other European countries, India warns UK - The Times of India

Oh my God, what will we do?

CELEBRATE
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"However, Osborne assured Sharma that the British government has decided not to make any change in the 'intra-company transfers' for the next two years. The proposal had upset the Indian IT industry and the government as it meant that the professionals on intra company transfers to UK would be treated "prospective immigrants"."

To be fair Indian IT industry is right to be upset because their intentions were completely misunderstood by the British Government.

The idea of intra-company transfers has got nothing to do with immigration, quite the opposite actually - the workers will have to return back to their home country as otherwise it would not be possible to pay them so low as to undercut those who actually stay in this country permanent with the high cost of living, taxes etc.

It's pretty clear that Eton's education is very weak when it comes to economics. I'd gladly read them a few lectures for a cheap price of £1000 per hour

Comment

Isn't the whole point of an ICT is that they can work on UK client sites.

How will they do this if they base themself in another EU country They might be able to work remotely, or independent of any client, but if they could do this - they would do that from India anyway.

They're bluffing...

Comment

Some interesting comments on that page:-

"Just get lost. Never step on the British land again. I hate your accent, your work ethics, and the corruption in your motherland. Set right all these things and get in. Until then do not pollute my motherland."

"Oh tulip...now I have to learn another europian language..All english I have learned will be useless if there will be no companies in England...."

"Look who is talking! Do you know why Indians are required there? Because British people don't just want to study and want to rely on Government benefits for all their life! Wait for a few more years and we'll see who will be begger and who will be chooser you MORON!!!!"

etc.........

Comment

What is the Estonian for Bob?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              What is the Estonian for Bob?
              Don't know but I know the estonian's I've worked with have all been clueful.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

ICT should be banned. Its blatant abuse of a system and any self respecting politician would ban it.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Don't know but I know the estonian's I've worked with have all been clueful.
                  I suppose I have had bad experience, the dev's and testers in Estonia were technically very good and when pushed you got some good work out of them, just they had bad management when it came to the underlying process and as I am a process man that was annoying for me!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What aTW said, in theory, anyway. What they need to do is get rid of all rules that allow any automatic right of residence and tackle the immigration fraud, like the nearly 50% of Indian students who are still here 6 years later, rather than cause problems for real business.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X