• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women binge drinkers - is it an issue?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women binge drinkers - is it an issue?

Ann Widdecombe: Women binge-drinkers should be named and shamed - Telegraph

I think Ann Widdecombe is great - but she is very wrong here. Its very sexist. Why should women be treated differently to men regarding drinking? Are they supposed to be staying at home looking after babies or something?

And I suspect naming binge drinkers (of either sex) would have the wrong effect. It would become a badge of honour.

Quite a few people on here wouldn't get laid if they stopped women binge drinking

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Ann Widdecombe: Women binge-drinkers should be named and shamed - Telegraph

I think Ann Widdecombe is great - but she is very wrong here. Its very sexist. Why should women be treated differently to men regarding drinking? Are they supposed to be staying at home looking after babies or something?

And I suspect naming binge drinkers (of either sex) would have the wrong effect. It would become a badge of honour.

Women metabolize alcohol in a different way to men. It's a well known fact that "Women" are almost human!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
        Quite a few people on here wouldn't get laid if they stopped women binge drinking
        I think a few of the women here would have trouble getting laid if they stopped men binge drinking....

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post

It's funny coz it's true
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Interesting...

I've had some very recent experience...

Sober - nice as pie, three too many she turned into a shortish political leader from the 1930 / 40s's who had a liking for painting.

Not on thread but it's all part of my rehabilitation back into the community.

Shiver

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
              Sober - nice as pie, three too many she turned into a shortish political leader from the 1930 / 40s's who had a liking for painting.
              I seem to remember from my younger days that the idea is to keep plying her with drink until she becomes nice or is comatose.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Yes, but isn't the uniform & jackboots sexy.
                You are Prince Harry aren't you? Or is it Max Mosley?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I seem to remember from my younger days that the idea is to keep plying her with drink until she becomes nice or is comatose.
                  If she becomes more aggressive then punch her ******* lights out and do society a favour.

Spod - In "You're a ******* woman, for christ's sake act like one!" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    If she becomes more aggressive then punch her ******* lights out and do society a favour.

Spod - In "You're a ******* woman, for christ's sake act like one!" mode!

That's why we split up - I didn't ever want to do that to a woman, was sorely tempted!!!

Tone

Comment

Working...
                    X