PDA

View Full Version : Women binge drinkers - is it an issue?

BrilloPad
17th April 2012, 07:00
Ann Widdecombe: Women binge-drinkers should be named and shamed - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9207784/Ann-Widdecombe-Women-binge-drinkers-should-be-named-and-shamed.html)

I think Ann Widdecombe is great - but she is very wrong here. Its very sexist. Why should women be treated differently to men regarding drinking? Are they supposed to be staying at home looking after babies or something?

And I suspect naming binge drinkers (of either sex) would have the wrong effect. It would become a badge of honour.

Zoiderman
17th April 2012, 07:01
Quite a few people on here wouldn't get laid if they stopped women binge drinking

SupremeSpod
17th April 2012, 07:05
Ann Widdecombe: Women binge-drinkers should be named and shamed - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9207784/Ann-Widdecombe-Women-binge-drinkers-should-be-named-and-shamed.html)

I think Ann Widdecombe is great - but she is very wrong here. Its very sexist. Why should women be treated differently to men regarding drinking? Are they supposed to be staying at home looking after babies or something?

And I suspect naming binge drinkers (of either sex) would have the wrong effect. It would become a badge of honour.

Women metabolize alcohol in a different way to men. It's a well known fact that "Women" are almost human!

BrilloPad
17th April 2012, 07:08
Quite a few people on here wouldn't get laid if they stopped women binge drinking

I think a few of the women here would have trouble getting laid if they stopped men binge drinking.... :eyes

Diver
17th April 2012, 07:12

:laugh:rollin::laugh

It's funny coz it's true:laugh

Sands of Time
17th April 2012, 07:14
Interesting...

I've had some very recent experience...

Sober - nice as pie, three too many she turned into a shortish political leader from the 1930 / 40s's who had a liking for painting.

Not on thread but it's all part of my rehabilitation back into the community.

Shiver

Tone

BrilloPad
17th April 2012, 07:23
Sober - nice as pie, three too many she turned into a shortish political leader from the 1930 / 40s's who had a liking for painting.

I seem to remember from my younger days that the idea is to keep plying her with drink until she becomes nice or is comatose.

BrilloPad
17th April 2012, 07:25
Yes, but isn't the uniform & jackboots sexy. :smokin :tongue :p

You are Prince Harry aren't you? Or is it Max Mosley?

SupremeSpod
17th April 2012, 07:26
I seem to remember from my younger days that the idea is to keep plying her with drink until she becomes nice or is comatose.

If she becomes more aggressive then punch her ******** lights out and do society a favour.

Spod - In "You're a ******** woman, for christ's sake act like one!" mode!

Sands of Time
17th April 2012, 07:28
If she becomes more aggressive then punch her ******** lights out and do society a favour.

Spod - In "You're a ******** woman, for christ's sake act like one!" mode!

That's why we split up - I didn't ever want to do that to a woman, was sorely tempted!!!

Tone

SupremeSpod
17th April 2012, 07:29
That's why we split up - I didn't ever want to do that to a woman, was sorely tempted!!!

Tone

You can't live with 'em when they're like that, you'll end up doing time.