PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Apple

DimPrawn
17th April 2012, 11:31
Apple,

You are worth > 1/2 trillion USD now.

Why don't you spend a couple of bucks and rewrite the iTunes application. It is such a massive bloated pile of utter shit.

:throw:

Spacecadet
17th April 2012, 11:33
It is such a massive bloated pile of utter tulip.

I'm sure that Nick will be along soon to re-educate you on the matter.

Or at least to distract you with how bad microsoft would have done it

SupremeSpod
17th April 2012, 11:36
Apple,

Why don't you spend a couple of bucks and rewrite the iTunes application. It is such a massive bloated pile of utter tulip.

:throw:

'er indoors now has an iPhone.

I used iTunes to set up the phone. It was a piece of piss to update the firmware, transfer contacts, messages, tasks, memos etc from her blackberry.

"It just works"!

gingerjedi
17th April 2012, 11:53
"It just works"!

... Until you point it to your 50Gb music folder and let iTunes 'organise' it for you. :tantrum:

Sysman
17th April 2012, 11:55
... Until you point it to your 50Gb music folder and let iTunes 'organise' it for you. :tantrum:

I think there's an option to tell it not to do that.

Spacecadet
17th April 2012, 11:57

is it the type of option that a newbie will only find after the damage has already been done?

AtW
17th April 2012, 11:59
WHS

Mounting the device via USB connection and copying files directly is how it should work :mad

gingerjedi
17th April 2012, 11:59

There is but you have to learn that lesson by experience.

SupremeSpod
17th April 2012, 12:14

It's all part of growing up :laugh

SimonMac
17th April 2012, 12:18

My 60gb/12000 song library is managed by iTunes beautifully, I have it synced between multiple computers via dropbox and when I moved from an iPhone to Android the sync'ing was just as easy.

Sysman
17th April 2012, 12:21

You have a point there...

:D

d000hg
17th April 2012, 13:03
Apple,

Why don't you spend a couple of bucks and rewrite the iTunes application. It is such a massive bloated pile of utter tulip.

:throw:Works well on Mac. It's almost like Apple are trying to tell you something ;)

Though I don't use it, I only own Apple products for dev work.

NickFitz
17th April 2012, 15:48
I generally agree with Jason Snell's recent article: iTunes: Time to right the syncing ship | Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/article/1166274/itunes_time_to_right_the_syncing_ship.html).

Allen Pike reckons it needs to be be fixed, but can't be on Windows: iTunes’ ball and chain: Windows - Allen Pike (http://www.allenpike.com/2012/itunes-ball-and-chain-windows/) which just seems odd. However, his important point is that Apple are heading towards a world where devices don't need a PC because everything is in iCloud; then they don't need iTunes, and the problem just goes away. I think he's wrong, because he doesn't take account of material that isn't and will never be available through the iTMS and thus through iTunes Match: e.g. your mate's band's gig down the pub, or your wedding video. People will still want a way to get those things on to their devices.

Scott P. Hall likes it as it is: Is iTunes broken? @jsnell thinks so… « scottsscripts (http://scottsscripts.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/is-itunes-broken-jsnell-thinks-so/).

Personally, having recently dealt with the problems of moving my library to a networked drive so I can access it from the net (it worked, but took most of a weekend to sort out), and persuading my iPhone to sync with a new Mac (but the same library) without losing loads of data or forcing me to reorganise everything back the way it was (I failed), I'm in the "iTunes sucks" camp :mad:

wim121
17th April 2012, 16:05
Stop using cheap plastics in your new macbooks.

With the amount the consumers pay for the hardware, is it too much to ask to have real brush aluminium, rather than cheap plastic imitations that flex under chubby fingers weight?

NickFitz
17th April 2012, 16:18
Stop using cheap plastics in your new macbooks.

With the amount the consumers pay for the hardware, is it too much to ask to have real brush aluminium, rather than cheap plastic imitations that flex under chubby fingers weight?

Both the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro (the only current MacBook models) have aluminium cases. Don't tell me somebody sold you a spray-painted Dell with an Apple sticker on the lid?

DodgyAgent
17th April 2012, 16:28
It's all part of growing up :laugh

Like becoming a permie

d000hg
17th April 2012, 16:34
WHS

Mounting the device via USB connection and copying files directly is how it should work :madWorks like that just fine on my iPod. If you don't like how iPhones manage things, get a different phone you twit.

cailin maith
17th April 2012, 16:35
"It just works"!

Like magic :)

Although you did roll your eyes on more than one occasion when I asked you to transfer stuff....:eyes

It takes some getting used to. That's for sure. Not convinced I'll ever send another text messgae that doesn't take 10 bloody minutes to type ..... not ideal when trying to juggle the phone and baby who really wants to chew on the shiny new thing that looks like it might make a good teething yoke!!

eek
17th April 2012, 16:44
is it the type of option that a newbie will only find after the damage has already been done?

+1 it did the same thing to me even when I knew what it was going to do and having corrected the location to the correct directory.

Turns out that once you've set the correct directory you need to restart itunes :mad

OwlHoot
17th April 2012, 17:05
My 60gb/12000 song library is managed by iTunes beautifully, I have it synced between multiple computers via dropbox and when I moved from an iPhone to Android the sync'ing was just as easy.

There's always one isn't there - A clever clogs with everything under control :mad

Once was enough for me. All those file managers are the same, wanting to take over and digest your files like a giant amoeba, never to release them. Or that was my impression with iTunes.

wim121
17th April 2012, 23:36
Both the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro (the only current MacBook models) have aluminium cases. Don't tell me somebody sold you a spray-painted Dell with an Apple sticker on the lid?

I appreciate you responding to me unlike realityhack who just left neg.

The OH's work has authentic apple equipment. She has just got a pro 7.1. Yes, it is aluminium in the most part, but the only firm parts are the bottom, sides, and screen edging which I like and she doesnt. The aluminium (or what feels like plastic because it flexes so much) on the palm rest is so flimsy and awful, it resembles cheap plastic IMHO. The keyboard plastic itself is cheap, nasty and clacky. Try typing on a macbook, it's horribly noisy. The first night the OH did, I needed an asprin. I really hate how the whole laptop bows as one types.

She hates how new macbooks now dont have grip on the bottom, so it slides all over and is either hot or really cold on one's lap.

So we both hate different aspects of the macbook, but combine our feedback and we hate the laptop in its entirety.

AtW
17th April 2012, 23:37
I appreciate you responding to me unlike realityhack who just left neg.

Sorry, it was wrong login ...

wim121
17th April 2012, 23:43
Sorry, it was wrong login ...

:confused: :confused:

Who am I supposed to neg rep in retaliation now?

AtW
17th April 2012, 23:46
Who am I supposed to neg rep in retaliation now?

Nobody.

You're on thin ******* ice my pedigree chum, and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now, **** off.

:eyes

wim121
18th April 2012, 00:07
Nobody.

You're on thin ******* ice my pedigree chum, and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now, **** off.

:eyes

I may say the same thing to you, since I am not the one with the over inflated ego .... Note what happened to MF .....

AtW
18th April 2012, 00:11
I may say the same thing to you, since I am not the one with the over inflated ego .... Note what happened to MF .....

Look, MF had a cashflow issue and he had chosen to make a tenner a month in a stupid ISA/creditcard arbitrage rather than keep up with his monthly payments to the CUK Supreme Council.

Needless to say I would not be making the same mistake - I know where my priorities lie :eyes

wim121
18th April 2012, 00:16
:laugh :laugh

escapeUK
18th April 2012, 06:32

Really? Whats your internet speed, if a typical ADSL connection that must have taken days. I must have a 30gb library and i probably listen to 1% of it. So dont feel the need to have all those songs with me that I never listen to. If apples networked properly you would have just connected them together and copied the files.

People often miss the why part of an equation with computers dont they.