• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meeja Topic Du Jour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeja Topic Du Jour

appears to be how all programming must involve HTML or it's not proper programming

Give us an H: 'Geeks' create hit song and video spelling out what HTML computer language means | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

BBC News - Learning to code
    Coffee's for closers

Meeja Topic Du Jour?

I stayed at an hotel that had soup Du Jour on the menu. The chef could never get it right and tasted different each day.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Would have thought you knew how to code by now...

Comment

HTML Song, filmed by a group of self-confessed geeks to explain Hypertext Mark-up Language, got more than 600 views on its first day online.
        I wouldn't have thought that 600 views was all that much to write home about.

The language – which lies behind millions of websites – is one of the first an aspiring computer programmer must learn.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          I wouldn't have thought that 600 views was all that much to write home about.
          They could probably get that by spamming twitter
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Is HTML a language these days? I always thought it was just a formatting tool.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
              Is HTML a language these days? I always thought it was just a formatting tool.
              I think the clue is in the name, no?
              Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                I think the clue is in the name, no?
                Well, yes and no. It's not a programming language.

Comment

Technically yes, but realistically not:

HTML5 is a language for structuring and presenting content for t'internet

Comment

Report"The language – which lies behind millions of websites – is one of the first an aspiring computer programmer must learn"

Remove a 'k' from 'Brooks-Pollock', and you can make an anagram describing this sentence - starts with poor...
                    I noticed that.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X